Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Simple Grounding & Chakra Clearing Meditation

The beauty of this meditation is that it doesn't have to be long, need tools other than your mind, can be done any time, anywhere without anyone else knowing you're doing it. You need to do it, at least briefly, whenever you feel overwhelmed, fuzzy, dizzy, or need extra strength or energy or clear thinking.

I learned about chakras through Reiki. There are many but we're generally concerned with the 7 major ones. They push vital energy throughout the body. Negative thoughts clog your chakras & restrict the flow of energy. For full vitality, your chakras need to be clear & balanced - as in, all the same size, and clear colors. The root chakra spins slowest and crown chakra spins fastest. They spin in a clockwise direction. If you were above your body looking down through your head, your chakras would appear as spinning fans lying flat in your body. In other words, you'd be seeing the fan from the front. If you were standing in front of someone, it would be like seeing just the outer rounded edge of the fan.

The first is the root chakra, located at the base of your spine. The rate it spins creates a ruby red color. It relates to security issues like finances, career, home, family, physical safety, possessions. The second is the sacral chakra, located half way between your naval and the base of your spine. The rate it spins creates a beautiful orange. It relates to cravings for physical pleasures, addictions, your body (sleep, appearance, thoughts of self). The third is the solar plexus chakra, located behind the naval according to Doreen Virtue. I often find information saying the sacral chakra is more there and the solar plexis is under the breasts. Where it is, is not so important right now. Go by feel and approximate location for this. The rate is spins creates a brilliant yellow like the sun. It relates to feelings of power, control. Fourth is the heart chakra, located in the center above the breasts. The rate it spins creates a beautiful shade of green. It relates to relationships, attachments to people, love, forgiveness or unforgiveness. Fifth is the throat chakra. The rate it spins creates a beautiful sky blue. It relates to speaking your truth, communication issues, asking for your needs to be met. Sixth is the third eye, located in the center of your forehead above your eyes. The rate it spins creates a pure, deep indigo blue. This is the portal to your truest & highest self, the true you. It relates to your past, future, & beliefs. Seventh and last is the crown chakra, located inside the top of your head. The rate it spins creates a vivid royal purple. It's essential to "clear knowing," intuition, receiving messages from God and the angels, spirituality, trust.

The meditation is to start with the root chakra. Visualize it glowing clear red, at the proper speed (just think proper speed), completely clear. Then visualize sending it's energy through your feet, down into the ground, to the center of the earth, and anchoring it at the center of the earth to ground you. Do the same thing with each chakra on the way up, and picture them the same size (whatever that is) as the first chakra - orange, yellow, green, sky blue, indigo, and royal purple, from approximately the appropriate locations.

With this meditation you're doing three things at once. You're working to clear each chakra energetically, and to make them all the same size. This facilitates the best flow of energy throughout your body and spirit. If they aren't clear or all the same size, you have restricted flow of energy which leads to problems. We all have negative thoughts and problems at times but the accumulation of them clogs the chakras and causes some to shrink, restricting flow. The reason I told you what issues relates to each chakra (really in very brief and general terms) is to give you an idea of how different ones can be affected by different problems or negative focus. Personally, I have trouble with my first three chakras and the throat chakra. Since you know certain things about me and my concerns, you can figure out a lot of why. The third thing this does, is ground you, hence calling it a grounding meditation. It grounds your energy flow. So you really create a lot of good with your intent and mind, in this very simple, quick process. If you have any questions, let me know. For further information you can certainly Google chakras, although there's so much information out there that I don't recommend it.

This comes to you from an email I prepared for a friend, after walking her through this last night. She's never heard of chakras before so needed to have this spelled out for her so she can do it on her own, frequently. I'm going to try to give you more regular blogs from now on, but college is in session and again I've got a job now.

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot of depression and feeling lost and disconnected and worthless.and don't know why I'm alive anymore.I see no reason for my exsistan. I feel there's no future for me cause of my lost for life.can I do grounding chakra meditaion on just my mind and grounding? My one daughter and I have a weird telepathic sence with each other.and see and feel things that happen before they do.bt I get confused and don't respond when I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary! I'm so sorry I didn't receive this notification sooner! I've been where you were when you wrote this. I hope you've moved into a better space by now.

    You asked about the chakra meditation & just grounding your mind. The meditation I suggested only take a few moments & grounds all of you, because that's what we all need. All our body parts & mind work together & grounding is so important!

    I'd love to talk with you & help you. As I've said, I've been where you were when you wrote this. You can email me privately at lightningbug2011@gmail.com. From there, I'll give you my phone # if you'd like to talk.

    When I was feeling like there was no reason for me to exist, my daughter reminded me that there is, helped. I want to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am also going through similar feelings and thoughts as Mary above commented. Does this meditation really work? I cant even sleep anymore and my mind is so depressed. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete