Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Getting Through Life

If I can just get through the next few minutes (hours, days, weeks, months)... When I went to bed last night I found myself thinking that if I could just get through the next few days... It isn't really a matter of if. I will get through. It's a matter of how difficult it will be & that's where this kind of thinking comes in. It's "survival mode" & I believe we spend most of our lives in it. We move from one circumstance to another that we have to work our way through. Most people live in "if only." "If only he loved me the way I love him." "If only my boss recognized my efforts." "If only my kids..." "If only this (or that) were different." "If only this (or that) would happen."

I just realized last night how much I do that. Last week I was trying to get through the minutes until my dizziness passed. This week I'm trying to get through the heat & humidity but still get things done. I've come to realize I live this way but I've been trying to work out of getting into these kinds of situations. I just haven't thought of it as such.

I'm not sure that I have any clear answers for you but there are strategies I use. When I was trying to get that dizziness to pass I prayed almost constantly. I reassured myself that I was safe - I was at urgent care where they knew what they were doing. I did all the things you need to do to overcome dizziness - drank lots of water, bathed my face & neck & wrist pulse points, stayed flat on the table until I could move. Each situation has it's own survival strategy & I used all I knew & was offered. With the heat I'm running fans, working downstairs where it's cooler, only doing any heavy or outdoor work after the sun goes down, & staying hydrated. Going back to "know thyself," I know I don't take the heat as well as some so I have plenty of ice, ice packs, & cold water in the refrigerator. I have a thought-out action plan. I touched on that yesterday - in the worst, best, & middle case scenarios. Further, in knowing myself & always working on discovery & self improvement, I've been working toward eliminating as many survival circumstances as I can. Some of them are a natural part of life that can't be avoided but some we bring on ourselves. If we don't resolve relationship issues with family, friends, partners, bosses or co-workers, for example, they keep coming back up until we learn whatever we needed to know & change. I've seen that in each area above in my own life. Until we learn from & resolve our inner conflicts or issues we repeat mistakes.

The great new is that once you do the work you're free! If you truly pay attention to the issues that arise & analyze them you usually find the theme you need to work on. Often realization is all that's needed, along with some intent. And if you set intent regularly to grow & improve your life & self, the issues do become readily apparent in most cases. I'll be frank here. Depending on how deep the problem, it can take years. Deep issues are like an onion with layer after layer to get through. I actually mean for this news to be more encouraging than daunting. If you've been working through things & different aspects of it keep popping up, you're truly making progress. After you get through all the onion layers, there's a core - you've reached the root of the issue & can finish with it. But as with an onion, each layer you peel away makes the onion that much smaller, brings you closer to the core. And you truly feel better & your life improves with every layer you face & discard. It's not like you're in intense pain or conflict now & only years later will there be any resolution & relief. When you do the real work, life gets better all the time. Remember as I say this that I've had some very deep & traumatic life issues to work out.

It's a process & if you set your intent & face whatever issues come up, it's ongoing. One thing, sign, or message leads to another & another until the issue is apparent. Today I had a very powerful Reiki treatment & special work was done on my root chakra. I'd thought I'd worked out the emotional issues associated with the problem but ended up bringing forth & releasing so much that had been somewhat hidden. I had a series of quick flashbacks to what still needed to be released. The flashbacks were blessedly deep but brief, one after another revealing deep-seated issues connected to my recent ex husband. And the final ones released the core cause of my fear of being able to provide a continuous home for the cats, which I mentioned yesterday. It's the root cause of much of any fear-based energy that comes from within me.

Use everything at your disposal, the help around you, & whatever personal power you know how to tap. Think of Tom Hanks in the movie, "Cast Away." He even used a basketball to create the companion he needed. No one person on earth can do it all or be it all. We all need lots of help. It truly does take a village. You have to be willing to reach out, & to accept help when offered from a variety of sources. God uses people on earth, angels, guides, & messages to help us out. The angels are just waiting to help us with anything & everything as long as it's not against others or taking away from them. But you have to ask. You don't have to specifically know who to ask for what, contrary to what I've been told or read. That's a nicety. Just go for it - just ask. It's even in the Bible - "Ask & ye shall receive, knock & it will be opened to you." (Ok, I just mixed translations there but hey.) And then be prepared to receive, be open to where the help or answers come from, be listening, & again I say, be open. More on this tomorrow, unless some bigger issue arises. These days, the messages are coming in fast, with quick resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment