Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Importance of Devotion Time in My Life

As you can tell by the lateness of each blog posting this week, it's been a rather out-of-kilter week. Until today I haven't had my regular devotion time. Monday & Tuesday it was cut short or greatly delayed & Wednesday I didn't do it at all. So I've had a chance to find out how very important it is to me - all of it. The week before it often got put off until later in the day too, or cut short. I managed prayer time but not all the rest.

I've changed my priorities & timing as a result. I find that I absolutely need to start my days this way, & get it all in. I know I've talked about the importance before but I've really had it hit home. For one thing, others rely on me & I don't want to let anyone down. For another, I need it all for myself. I know awhile back I talked about rewriting my "I Am" statements because I wasn't entirely satisfied with them. I rewrote them according to a teleconference on thriving rather than just surviving as a metaphysical worker. Eventually I realized that they didn't need to be rewritten at this time. They do address my most pressing needs for the most part. But I've added one to boost my faith in myself. One thing I've noticed is that I often get distracted while reading them & they don't therefore have the same impact that they do when I'm really concentrating on them. I'm learning to have my journal & a notepad handy so I can stop & write out whatever is distracting me because the concentration is essential. I wrote them for a reason, say them out loud for a reason, so I need to hear & feel them as I recite them.

I am not a morning person but I find that starting my day with prayer, greeting my guides & angels, then reciting my "I Am" & manifestation statements & doing the angel work is essential for starting my day right. It puts me on course for the day. It cements my intent. It guides my day & how I use my time. And I get my biggest messages, ideas, & inspirations during that time. What I'm saying here is huge. The single act of sticking to devotion time has transformed my life & rescheduled me. I used to get my biggest bursts of creative energy fairly late at night, & at random. It wasn't every day, for one thing. It was pretty haphazard. Late at night isn't the best timing because I'd usually need to delay action until the next day, when the inspiration wasn't as strong. Often I never acted on these things. If I did act on them at the time, I was up way too late, too excited & involved to sleep.

With prayer time I start my day with gratitude & joy. I handle & turn over all worries & pain. I give myself & my day to God. I grounds me & reminds me of who I am, what I do, Who I serve. It also starts my day in service to others as I pray for them. And it so totally opens my heart! Then when I greet my angels & guides I also ask for assistance with my day & receive it, another important thing. It reminds me that I don't have to go it alone, that I have help. The "I Am" & manifestation statements cement my belief in myself & the goodness in my life, sets my attitude & renews my intent. Then the angel work is important because I ask specific angels & ascended masters who may or may not be my regular guides & helpers for their assistance. I'm not sure who all is part of my "council" or how many there are. But I've used Doreen Virtue's book on "Archangels & Ascended Masters" as well as some of her angel oracle cards to help identify those I need to work with for what I need. Calling on them daily assures me of their assistance & reminds me. I've found that it's all vital for me. Skipping some of it over the last 2 weeks has really shown me how very important it is.

Many of you have read about this stuff but haven't chosen to do it. Or you only do part of it. Or you do it sporadically. Because of that I felt the need to let you know that it truly is life-changing & vital, in its entirety. What have you got to lose except a little sleep or time? I recommend that you reschedule yourself & do these things for 1 month & see what happens. I believe that if you do it faithfully (& all of it) for 1 month, you'll see the value & continue with it. But I do recommend the whole thing - prayer, greetings & expressions of love, "I Am" & manifestation statements, then angel work. If you need help with any of these steps, I'm glad to help but there are many past blogs that speak to all of it, including the type of prayer I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment