Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Be All That You Can Be

Do you hear the Army recruiting music in your head now? I do hear music in my head at times like this. But seriously, I have no idea why some of us are so driven toward regular self-improvement and many never really think about it, just react to life. Of course I'm one of the driven ones. I can't remember a time I haven't been this way. I always strive to do better in any way I feel I ever fall short. And I have no idea where I get these standards for myself. Maybe that should be one of my next lessons, to figure that out. One of the things I do these days is try to figure out why I do or don't do things, find the root. That way I can figure out if it's of me or whether it's an unhealthy carry-over from my past. Most themes end up in these blogs and I pray about them, ask angels to help uncover what I need to know (especially my go-to one, Archangel Michael). Last week I needed to know what I was afraid of that holds me back from promoting my services as a healer, and from moving forward with my arts and crafts. I was given to understand that I was afraid of myself because of past messages that I'm inadequate and that I don't have enough talent in any one area. A lot of that I did to myself, by the way. I compared myself to the greats and didn't allow for learning and growth, practice. I needed to be great from the beginning or not do it at all. I was afraid of making mistakes that would hurt rather than help, in some areas. Yet I can call upon angels and God for help, call on their resources and I know that. The next thing I asked was to be released from those fears, and that too was granted.

The drive toward self-improvement is evident in my life every day. Every day I live up to a certain set of standards, and try to do things I haven't been doing. I keep up with my chores like dishes, litter boxes, cleaning as I go, and service to others and self. I also try to do something extra - there are always more we need to be doing and I try to do all I can every day. I also work on meeting my own needs - for socialization, love, knowledge, rest, peace, and harmony. It's just not possible to do it all and be it all and I too always need more of myself than I'm able to give each day.

Every day is a different flow but I try to be in that flow as much as possible, to stay in the flow rather than swimming against the current. During each day comes a time of low energy, and I have to take time out to revive my energies. Recently I read something about our Hour of Power, which is generally 12 hours away from our weakest hour, our hour of lowest energy in any 24 hour period. I'm now trying to track my weakest hour so I can find and best use my Hour of Power. I use every bit of information that comes to me to my best advantage, if it's valid information. I actually believe that in addition to an Hour of Power, that we have other peaks and valleys in our daily energy flow. By allowing time off during the weaker times and optimizing the peaks, we can better control our energy and flow. As I always say, self-awareness is the key to self-optimization and self-improvement. There are always things we can become better at if we choose to, face them, make ourselves aware.

My first husband's philosophy when we met was "no pain, no gain." I hated that at the time. I wanted to do things in the easiest way possible to get results. I still do, but I see that I actually live his motto more than I ever thought. I happen to think that choosing self-improvement is the best way to gain with the least amount of pain, but some "pain" is always involved, or at least, effort is.

Life is going to force you to improve yourself and your performance regularly. I'd much rather do it by choice before being forced by circumstances. I'd like to do it how and when it works best for me, in my own way and time. That means being very pro-active whenever an issue comes forward. And because of my constant intent toward improving my life and self, the issues come forward regularly. "Inquiring minds want to know," and that's me. I'm always seeking what I don't see clearly about myself, my motivations, my actions and reactions - so that I can control them rather than be controlled and buffeted. I remember when my kids were young I used to try to control them because I felt so out of control in my own life and circumstances. I very much need to be in control in my life thanks to all the years that I was a helpless victim. I've learned that we can only control ourselves, not what happens in our lives or what others do. But I've also learned that we can somewhat control what happens in our lives by controlling ourselves and by setting positive intent. So I control all I can, starting with myself, my self-talk, and my intent. I control how I treat others and that totally influences how I'm treated in return. I also control my attitudes toward myself and others, God, and my activities, actions, responsibilities. I take full accountability for my thoughts, attitudes, and actions. I no longer try to control others in any way, which has led to much more peace, harmony, and unconditional love in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment