Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Monday, November 7, 2011

Heart vs. Head - repost

Boy have I been off track for about 2 weeks! I had an incredible high at the beginning of the month, then regressed so much! I realized today that I'd been turning off my heart & listening to my head. At the beginning of the month, I was entirely in my heart.

I wasn't entirely turning off my heart, fortunately. I couldn't have brought you the blogs I have this month if I was, for one thing. But each day my head took over more & more & I had low energy. I wasn't able to reach out to help those I'd pledged to help & that made it worse. It got so bad that on Monday I had to ask my friend to tell me that I'm worthy of being alive & lovable, not an oxygen thief! She'd just gotten done telling me, spontaneously, all I've done for her & how grateful she is. I'm aware of that, & profoundly grateful to have been able to do that for her. I'm profoundly grateful to have made such an impact on her life & the lives of others through her. All I did was love her, listen, support her, encourage her, & all the while, she was doing the same for me. She is in a similar state of being now, & we did it for each other. In some ways I got there quicker because I became attuned to Reiki way before she did. I became one with a local Reiki community & gained a whole support system early on. Then I shared with her & she followed my path & created her own. Now we stand beside each other on the path.

I was so far gone on Monday that even that wasn't enough. I gave her the hardest question - tell me so that I know it inside, how & why I am lovable & worthy just because I am me, not for what I do for others. After a pause (& I did my old "fill the space," "try to let her off the hook for that one"), she described her love for me, & it's that unconditional love I was talking about. She loves my laugh, just hearing my voice, hearing my stories about the lightning bugs & the cats, loves to see my Facebook photos in which I'm smiling, loves to hear my smile & make me smile. Then I realized that I am worthy, to be so loved. Folks, one thing you need to understand. I've never set eyes on this woman! I "met" her through Facebook games last year when I was using them to relax & escape what I was living. Just less than a year ago we began chatting on Facebook personally. Her kindness & spirit came through in those little communications you can develop when gifting through the games, & she seemed to be hurting & I reached out to her. Eventually she accepted that & told me what was wrong, & it struck a chord - she was getting separated toward a divorce. He was a lot like my ex so we quickly found common ground. By the time she accepted my overtures, I was in real need too & we helped each other. God can use all kinds of ways to bring into our lives the people we need when we need them. One lesson here is that when you extend simple kindness & give of yourself to others, you usually end up benefiting at least as much as they do!!!

But back to heart vs. head. I've been hearing about "being in your heart, not your head" in the spiritual community & not quite getting the concept. I've also been hearing about integrating your heart & head, making them one. What does it all mean & how do you know which you're listening to? When my head was in control I was low energy, unable to reach out to help others much, wasn't really growing much spiritually. I felt vaguely sick & tired a lot. I was full of fear, felt burdened & like the tasks before me are impossible. But me being me, I didn't recognize that at all. I've talked about this before - I often don't feel my emotions if they're not of the most positive. I usually have no trouble feeling love, joy, happiness, etc. Those are the ones I nurture, bring to the forefront. But I also tend to be "Miss Mary Sunshine" & focus on optimism & suppress what doesn't fit. I suppress anger, fear, etc. Folks, that's not healthy! You have to acknowledge those feelings, find the cause, then resolve them. Suppression doesn't solve anything. Wallowing isn't good, but you do have to acknowledge them, maybe even vent them, give them their due & attention, then resolve them so you can be healed. Otherwise they create internal disease - which is dis-ease, plus they arise over & over again. They haunt you.

When your heart is in control you feel love, joy, peace, contentment, fulfillment, & gratitude, & you experience creativity. Many think creativity comes from the mind but it's the mind working from the heart. So if you understand anything about the creative process, you can use that to understand how the heart & head/mind can be made to work as one. When the heart is in control you experience all these things no matter what your life circumstances are at the moment. You understand that whatever is happening in your life right now is what needs to happen & that your greater good will come from it. ALL of it!

Setting your intent does truly work to manifest. After talking with Pam, that feeling of my only worth being my service became prominent. Also, I started asking for myself too. My choice of how to set my intent is prayer twice a day. It's how I start my day & end it. That finally led, today while writing this, to uncovering the cause of the feeling, which has enabled profound healing of which I'm very grateful. If your intent is to put your heart in control & experience all the fruits & blessings, you are then able to enrich your own life & the lives of others. All you have to do is set the intent. Once you recognize the differences between being in your heart & head, you become more aware of the war between them most of us suffer at some point. The more you put your heart in control through intent & awareness, the more your heart will seek what you need. Eventually, as you work through this, your head becomes a function of your heart. The war is over & you are truly more at peace within yourself.

2 comments:

  1. As I said then and I say it now, I love you for who you are, now for what I think you should or could be. As one of my I am statements goes, "I am giving UNCONDITIONAL love to others and myself." That means I don't care what your faults are, what mistakes you have made, or what mistakes you will make, you are loved for who you are and you should glory in that knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the greatest gift one can give another, or give to self. I don't believe you can truly love someone else unconditionally to the fullest degree a human can without loving yourself that way too. As always, thank you for that gift of yourself, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete