Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Expect the Best to Happen & You'll Often Get It

Many people have a real doom and gloom attitude that they don't even realize. It's the "everything happens to me" syndrome. They're waiting for the next shoe to drop, the next problem to occur. When you live like that, as I used to, that's exactly what you get. These days I expect the best to happen, and the to receive the best from others. While it's true that you have to be careful and not too trusting, and have to be prepared to handle the unexpected, you don't have to count on problems. I know someone who is always trying to safeguard against the worst happening. He's afraid of everything and doesn't even realize it. He's afraid of identity theft and Facebook for example. He's afraid of not having a piece of paper he might someday need to prove something. As a result his home office is so full of papers that he can't function properly, and couldn't find the paper he needed if the situation arose. People who live any of the above ways are controlled by their fears without knowing it. And they're setting themselves up for problems.

I occasionally run into problems because of my trust and faith, it's true. Recently I was described as being too nice. I'll take it. If that's the worst being said about me these days, so be it. It can cause me problems, but at least it doesn't usually have a negative impact on someone else. I'd rather be the way I am now than live in fear, which was the first part of my life. And I can and do work toward being too smart to be damaged by my niceness without overall changing the way I am. You can learn to be cautious without living in fear.

It's no secret that I have to live "hand to mouth" these days so I'll tell you that I have found myself behind on all my utility bills. I've had to talk with each provider and request extra time for payment and cost reductions. When I went through this in the 1980s, I was a fearful person and it showed. I avoided the creditors as much as possible, and when I had to deal with them it was horrible. They were nasty and threatening. My circumstances now are much more dire but all I encounter is truly nice people. They are very kind to me, and go out of their way to help me. When I tell them my circumstances so that I can find out what help is available, I always receive sympathy. I tell them that I'm in the process of overcoming the adversity and have faith, and it always blesses them. Often they tell me of their own faith and past struggles, encourage me, and give me extra, helpful information. Part of the key here is that I call them and face it before a service is cut off, and I'm so sincere and nice. I've learned to expect that and so I don't face these calls with the dread I used to.

I expect that my life is going to improve to the level that I need it to be. I know how to handle the problems that arise - have had plenty of practice. I never dwell on what might go wrong. I trust myself to handle whatever happens, somehow. This self-trust is a huge part of coping. I also study and regularly receive messages about God and how the universe works for us. I renew my faith daily. It's no longer dumb, blind faith and trust like I had in the late 1980s. It's now based on study and knowledge, intent. I work daily toward learning whatever else I need to learn to manifest great good in my life, to thrive rather than survive. I don't rely on God to do things for me or spoon-feed me knowledge. I work at everything I can every day to move forward. I work hard and smart at learning.

My attitude isn't that life is a struggle. My attitude is that you get back what you put out there, that it's a full-contact, full-participation sport. I'm very focused and intent - there's that "i" word again. I actually tend to be too serious and need to work on getting some real fun into my life too. That always takes a back-burner to the daily struggle for survival in my life, and I wish to change that. Some day I'll find the way to do that.

One of my "I Am" statements is: I always take full responsibility and accountability for my actions, energy, thoughts, emotions, and the quality of my life." That is something I have been striving toward, doing pretty well at. I still have more progress to make, because to me that also means taking control of all those things. We all have stray thoughts that aren't what we really want in our lives. Mike Dooley, one of my favorite gurus of manifestation, says that positive thoughts carry much more energy than negative thoughts. He says not to worry about the few negative ones that come in, but turn them positive as quickly as possible. It takes practice, but can definitely be achieved. I know that from my own life. One of Doreen Virtue's angel cards says, "Cancel, Alt, Delete" or something like that. When we have a negative thought, she says to say that to show that's not what you want, then replace it with a positive thought. I do that. Mike Dooley says our thoughts become things and I truly believe it. Your thoughts reflect your focus, are your focus. More on focus coming next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment