Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Universal Law of Attraction at Work

In it's simplest form, the Universal Law of Attraction is that you attract whatever you focus on. Many are not really aware of what they're focused on. When you focus on lack, you attract more lack. When you worry, you attract more of what worries you. When you're afraid, you attract what you fear. No matter how hard you work toward changing your life with intent, if you are focused on your problems, you'll get more. That focus can include predominantly working toward solving the problems, if you're focused on the problems. So how do you change things without focusing on solutions? And how do you circumvent the normal human responses?

Before I answer I have to say that it greatly pains me that one of my beautiful friends has decided that it doesn't work and lost her faith. She believes she's done it all right and it's just not working. But it's called the Law of Attraction for a reason. Just like gravity works, this works. We see it all around us. So if you aren't manifesting what you want in your life no matter how hard you work at it, read on.

My biggest example is lack of any kind. When you focus on the lack, even on how to solve it, you create more lack. Things started to open up for me when I surrendered my needs to God and focused on finding avenues of opportunity instead of on the lack. I didn't simply say, "Ok, I surrender and this is Your problem," although I started with that. From there I quickly went to asking Him and thanking Him for giving me focus and direction, and clearing any remaining blockages, including fears. Soon the Law of Attraction began working the way I wanted it to in my life instead of adding more of the same, which was lack.

One of the keys to keeping the Law of Attraction flowing in a positive direction is persistence. That means taking control of your thoughts and focus. When the the thoughts you don't want to manifest come in, tell the Universe/God that you wish to cancel that thought. Then immediately replace it with what you do want. You can acknowledge yourself when you're feeling down but then pull yourself up rather than dwelling there. Do this consistently and it will pay off.

Two other extremely important components are recognition and gratitude. First you have to recognize when the Law of Attraction is working for you in the things you wish to manifest, and when you're manifesting what you don't actually want. And when what you want comes to you, you need to move immediately to gratitude. Even the best of human parents aren't going to forever want to deliver up nice things to their children if it's not recognized as a gift and always taken for granted! Not that God or the Universe is anything like humans, but you get the idea.

We see positive results of the Law of Attraction all the time in our lives if we think about it. It can be as simple as finding a penny, finding a coupon or sale for something on your grocery list. Even better, when you find a coupon plus the item is for sale. Or, I love it when something rings at the register for less than it was marked. Have you ever lost something and given up on it with your conscious mind, but it was still in "the back of your mind"? Next thing you know, you found that item while looking for something else - that's the Law of Attraction.

What I've seen is that when you've been focused on what you don't want in your life and make the shift, you don't get what you really want at first. I've seen it start in smaller ways. Because I recognized the Law of Attraction at work, I focused more on that and began to expect more. I am also grateful for the little things, especially when I recognize that things are working for me. Monday I checked email and found that I didn't have any emails from my new college. Friday afternoon the guy I called said he'd send one about my next enrollment steps. I moved on to another call I needed to make and while on the phone, someone from the admissions office called me. Surprisingly, he was calling to follow up on the call I had made to another office worker (didn't get the emails) and make sure I had what I needed. Not only that, he gave me what I'd wanted over the phone, and more valuable information I didn't know I needed that the other guy hadn't given. My intent was to call and before I got around to it not only did I get what I was missing, I got exactly what I'd been seeking in the first place plus more.

Have you ever been thinking of a friend you hadn't talked with in a long while, and the friend calls you? That's the Law of Attraction. I've been intending to work on myself to heal an eczema outbreak but wasn't giving myself the time and consideration I give others. While I was in Maryland, my best friend worked on me and did wonders. She also gave me some of the tools she used. I came home and added a meager supply of my own, realized I needed more of one thing. Today a package came, from her, including the thing I knew I needed! Only, I hadn't told her that - hadn't talked with her about the eczema status at all, in fact. Sometimes it's something as simple as attention from a pet. I was very sad to see a very dear friend of mine go home today - she'd been with me overnight and this is the first time we've ever spent more than a brief time together. As soon as the car pulled out of the driveway, my "comfort cat," Karma, came and licked my leg and rubbed up against me for several minutes. Again, I recognized that my mood had attracted her, so I thanked her and talked with her the whole time. So instead of just licking my leg once and leaving, she went back and forth licking first one leg, then the other. I know from the past that this is her way of comforting and attending to me.

When you focus on what you want, recognize when the Law of Attraction is working for you, and thank God and the Universe, things do start happening. As I've said, it usually starts slowly, in smaller ways rather than you suddenly get the job or your dreams or that big promotion and raise. You start getting messages you need to move forward in your life. People will "happen" to say things that give you new ideas, or new ideas come to you. Needed information starts showing up in your email inbox or you find it when researching something else. As long as you maintain your positive focus, recognize these "happenings" as the Law of Attraction, and are grateful, bigger things begin to happen. That is, as long as you follow through on what's already been given to you. You have to do something positive and forward-moving with the little things - those messages, ideas, new information. You have to do your part too. You also need to keep surrendering your needs and focusing on what you really want, cancel out and replace negative thinking. Then the bigger things can start happening - new opportunities "magically" appearing in your life, for example. And your practice over the smaller things prepares you to recognize these as opportunities and go for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment