Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What I Do to Pick Myself Up When I'm Feeling "Down"

I'll cover a lot of ideas here, but my latest "go to" has been Doreen Virtue's Angel Oracle card decks. I have 5 decks but usually only use 4, have one ready to mail to my daughter. That deck has a DVD with it on how to do readings. If you are at all intuitive but have never used these cards, I recommend starting with that set. However, Doreen Virtue makes it so easy, you could start with any deck. I highly recommend the following decks: Angel Therapy to start with, Daily Messages from Your Angels, or "Messages from Your Angels." No matter where you buy them, you can go on Amazon to read about the different decks and read reviews. I started with the Angel Therapy deck on the recommendation of my Reiki Master and love them. Then, when Doreen Virtue was coming to town, I went on Amazon and read about her other decks. I bought them at the store where she was signing autographs, after identifying through Amazon what I wanted. Her decks come with a booklet that gives further illumination on the meanings of the cards so you truly don't have to be that intuitive to use them. And they're all positive messages and pictures, nothing scary. Plus, at the beginning of these booklets, she tells how to do readings for yourself and others. So truly anyone can do this, at least for themselves. I don't feel bad that someone who has never done this is reading it as one of my number one strategies.

I made a major mistake this week regarding manifestation. I fixed on one particular job and got very down because of it. I thought I had the job the way the interview went last Thursday. I was to get a call the next day and interview again this past Monday. This was more than a job, this was a huge career choice for me, a life-changer. When trying to manifest, you have to leave the details to the universe and I didn't do that. Instead, I leaped from being sure I'd be working starting next week to feeling like I'm unemployable. I truly don't know what happened, but I have had other good interviews come to nothing over the past year plus. Mostly I apply and don't even reach the interview stage though. I've also gone to temp agencies and have never heard from any of them again. So the feeling of being unemployable had been coming on. I've been struggling for so long now, and casting about. I haven't known if I'm to get a traditional job or work from home, work for God or find a job, sell my products and services, or... I've been faithful and worked hard, tried networking, tried clearing all my personal blockages and fears. I've worked so hard at not working, at trying to find work or my niche. Every path that seems right dries up before it opens. So yes, I goofed in my manifesting work but I think it could be clear why. Thing is, God can use all of it. I've learned a lot of really good lessons that I needed along the way. Boy have I learned, changed, and grown! The final change came about tonight with another angel card reading. I've truly surrendered. I know I've given it my all and that time's about up. I have a dear friend who's willing to come get me and move me to Oregon with her, cats and all. I've thought I was supposed to be here because of my work for God and my community here but I haven't been able to make a living here. So now it truly is all in God's Hands. I will continue to apply for jobs in my now chosen career path but I'm done trying to figure it out and work it out. Either I'll have one of these positions offered to me by the end of the month, or perhaps a job through a friend, or some other source of income, or I'll move. Now that I've truly surrendered my life and the outcome to Him, I'm at peace. I reached the end of my rope, knowing I had a safety net under me the whole time. I want to stay here for many reasons, but I yield, knowing I've done all I can.

Some coping strategies I've already discussed many times. Those would be prayer, asking the angels for help, meditation, chakra balancing, and Reiki. I've been doing that daily for some time now, as well as my "I Am" and manifestation statements. So I'm talking about strategies when you're already doing all that regularly and you still get down.

Other things I do include taking a long soak in the tub with the bath salts I make (and sell) for negative energy clearing. They truly do work! I formulated it with essential oils designed to help release negative energy, oils with proven benefits. I've been formulating for 17 years now so I know my oils, their properties, and how they work together. Sometimes these days I also use my detox formula bath salts, to clear my body of the toxins that come from negative feelings and the environment, as well as foods. I also get outside in nature when possible, and commune. I use a natural sleep aid when needed, to be sure I get the rest and sleep I need. I use the MidNite brand you can find in most stores because it doesn't leave you sleepy in the morning, is all natural, and non-habit forming. I try to eat well, but I'll confess to still being a "cravings driven" eater. Today it was chili dogs and a homemade pizza - oh well. But most of the summer my main meal of the day was a salad with a little bit of marinated pork on it. I don't eat many sweets, chips, or junk food, and mostly drink herb tea. Exercise is another good way to lift your spirits, help you feel better about yourself and your life. It also helps you make better dietary choices, so you can see I'm not currently working that particular strategy.

People and pets can also help. Snuggling with or petting an animals is great therapy for stress or when you get the blues. Playing with a pet often brings us out of ourselves and making the effort can lift our spirits. It's also a form of giving, and that's a huge way to lift your spirits. One way I give to others is doing Distance Reiki on people and animals. I always have a list of people who want it from me regularly because of ongoing conditions. Another way to give to people is to simply reach out to them and give them whatever they need at the time, or what you need. I often end up talking to someone else who is down and helping them. By the time I'm done, I feel better. Sometimes just reaching out to someone in love gives you the love you need to feel better. I don't mean telling your problems, I mean just contacting them and chatting. Getting together in person is the best but often not possible, so the phone or Facebook chat works too. And sometimes all you need to do is to get busy with whatever you should be accomplishing. Concentrating on school work, or writing a blog or paper, can bring you out of whatever had you caught up. So can the physicality of house cleaning or doing dishes or other chores. Sometimes just the routine movement of chores can give your brain a chance to work out whatever is troubling you. Sometimes you come up with solutions or new perspective through any of these strategies.

I've given you plenty of ideas that can work. I've had to use all of them at different times. I have to struggle almost every day, so when I tell you they work, I know what I'm talking about. Almost every day at some point during the day I have to pick myself back up. I live with physical pain every day. Most days it hurts my hands to do just about anything including typing this blog. Since March, walking hurts every day. And most of last year walking hurt for a different reason. And I get headaches most days too. On top of that, I've been living in instability and uncertainty for four years now, often never knowing how I'm going to pay my utilities or feed the cats, even going without food in the house, electricity, hot water. So when I say I've surrendered all my needs to God and am now at peace, that's a huge thing to say. And when I tell you these strategies work, you can know that I use them often and know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment