Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Only One Prayer Needed

Tonight I was very fortunate to learn a new lesson the easy way. Some of you know I've enrolled in college, taking my courses online through a Christian university. I chaffed at having to take a Bible literature class but it's been a huge blessing and I'm only in week 3 of 8. It's been answering some questions I've had for a long time about how to take the Old Testament. Also, why some books were excluded from the Bible, and how true some of the translations are. Tonight I was dutifully reading one of the three books for the course even though the reading won't affect my grade on the quiz this week. While reading, the lesson came to me. This is because I'm open to them. I've been open for quite some time, which is part of why I didn't want to take a class in this. I keep getting answers and guidance straight from God. And as many of you have experienced, man can really mess up His stuff. But as I've said, I'm very grateful already for this class and what I'm learning. This time it was a huge lesson.

As background, you know I've been searching for a job. You know I've surrendered all to God and my faith and belief is now growing by leaps and bounds. But you know, I'm still human and I still make mistakes. So I asked a pagan friend for help in manifesting a certain job I really want and he agreed to call in his forces for me. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing when I asked this. I wasn't thinking that he would be calling on forces other than God. I really don't know what I was thinking. But the message from the reading was that this is wrong - we are simply to rely on God. I got it immediately, especially because the word "paganism" appeared on the page. So the first thing I did, of course, was tell God I realize I was wrong. Because all you or I need is Him. Ultimately, He's fully in charge. Just before that I was thinking about Obama and Romney. Neither are in charge, even the one elected. People get so wrapped up in and emotional about politics and it's all of man, therefore all an illusion!

I told God that I want only Him in charge of whether I get this job. I immediately thought of my long-held question about prayer because I realized all you need do is pray to Him. And it only takes one prayer, one person praying fully from heart. I started getting answers immediately but I also took the step to ask Archangel Michael to block all other influence, made it clear that my total reliance is on God alone. So since it only takes one prayer, why keep praying? Why ask others to pray? I always think of the Bible passage, "Whenever two or more of you are gathered in My Name, there I am in the midst of you." I forget where in the New Testament that is, or what translation I just quoted. Probably Revised Standard Version, the one I'm most familiar with. By the way, I now know from this class that it's not a very true translation, that I'm better off reading my New International Version. I also know what other versions I wish to get once I truly get back into studying and learning that book. After this class, depending on my workload, I'll be ready. Because it's also teaching us why the Old Testament is structured as it is and how to comprehend it.

The reasons why it's good to pray about something more than once are: every time you pray completely from your heart, you connect with God and further the relationship; and you further set your intent about the prayer matter and galvanize yourself into action. It also gives Him further opportunities to give you insights if you need them. But the connection is the biggest thing. The reasons why it's good to pray for others are: it totally expands your heart, connection to them, connection to God, and ability to love. The reasons why it's good to ask others to pray for you are: it gives them the opportunity to connect with God, and with you, gives them the opportunity to be givers without cost, strengthens their ability to love. All of this is about creating Oneness. As far as that Bible quote, it's describing the Oneness. Of course He's in the midst since He's inside each of us. But it speaks of the Oneness.

I am truly letting go of the outcome regarding this job. He is showing me so much as far as supply, and that He always works for my greater and highest good. I live in mission, have a contract with Him created before I incarnated. That is my highest will and good. I fully realize that what I consider a need and the timing is not necessarily in alignment with that contract. I think about the job with LensCrafters I really wanted a few months ago. I walked out of the interview guaranteed an immediate interview with the regional manager, so was pretty sure I was on the short list for this job. And I've never heard from them again. The guy hasn't even returned my phone calls! That's not having the rug pulled out from underneath me - it was yanked! It shook me up so much that I went into crisis and thought I was going to have to give up and move out of state, give up my home and many of the things I love. Instead, I was led to eventually surrender all. Everything has been in exciting motion ever since. At first, it was a bit slow, but it's so quickly gathered momentum. You can look back at the blogs and see this.

I'm not some super-Christian or person. Nothing is happening to me that can't happen to you. All I did was set my intent to follow God two years ago and all it entails, and stick with it. There's a lot in that "all it entails." I've been willing to face every flaw in myself. Every time I'm uncomfortable in my life or relationships, I've paid attention and looked within myself. Then I've put it to prayer, gotten help when needed. Now I don't seem to need help from others. All it takes is prayer and intent. I've also been willing to face every issue from my past, learn and heal. I've learned all I can and pray daily. I actively tend my spiritual life as my number one goal every day. I make time for God, prayer, reflection. I listen for the guidance and then take action based on it. I've been actively open and seeking.

As a result, I've been able to see Him at work in my life. I see all the inner good that came out of not getting the job with LensCrafters. If I get the job I want now, I will also be in a much better daily environment than I would have been there. There's nothing wrong with LensCrafters and it was a wonderful opportunity that I really wanted to manifest. But this current job prospect is much more in alignment with who I am, my skills, how I relate to people, and my spirit and philosophy. If I don't get this job, I'm sure I'll feel very disappointed and upset at first. I so want it! But if I don't get it, I trust God now, that He has something more fitting in store for me. I know He won't leave me without what I need. I know eventually I'll have the income and supply I need to thrive in all areas of my life. I know that ultimately the mission and contract are the most important things. I renew that verbally, my understanding and acceptance of that, every day. So if it's not this job, I will accept His will with gratitude, and wait for the adventure to further unfold.

By the way, He's showing me His Hand in every little way in my life. Just recently, every time I identify a need it's being fulfilled. These are all small things but I never fail to notice in gratitude and thank Him. That builds and strengthens that relationship and my faith and belief. It also strengthens my excitement in the now for what my future holds - this grand adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment