Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Follow Your Bliss

People talk to me about things. I'm a great & empathetic listener & I learn a lot from listening. Because I'm an intuitive empath, I've learned people from listening. I am also given wisdom & understanding. Then the topics become blogs.

One of the things I hear most is that people are working in jobs that don't suit them. I've heard that all my adult life & it's especially coming to me a lot during the past year. One of my biggest wishes for my children was that they'd find & work their bliss.

I mostly talk with Lightworkers & other enlightened souls these days. They especially feel very restless & dissatisfied when working jobs that don't suit them. They long to do the things that feed their souls & missions in this life. They tell me of the things that interest them, that they long to do - their passion, their bliss. My advice is always to follow their bliss. There's a reason you are drawn to do certain things. Most recently, a friend was telling me he enjoys working as a massage therapist. He's a Reiki Master so is drawn to give physical comfort & healing to others. I don't know his Divine mission on earth but I do know that massage therapy is very in line with Reiki. And I know from my own life that the things we're drawn to, our bliss, aligns with our mission on earth, our life purpose. So if you are in a job that seems to rob you of your energy & bliss, I urge you to explore making your bliss your career. I've been working on how to do this all my adult life. "Woman's Day" magazine is the only one I currently subscribe to. I do so because they often feature articles on women who have made a business from their bliss, & how they've done that. I'm sure there are many other sources of such information also, including online. I do know that the Small Business Administration gives loans to people starting small businesses. I also know of SCORE, a free service that is active in most major cities & has online resources. SCORE is a group of volunteers, mostly retired business owners from all major categories. SCORE gives free classes & workshops, & volunteers will work with you to help with your business ideas. They can help you learn how to research zoning & laws in your area, what business licenses are needed, how to write a business plan, help you with whether your business idea is feasible, & even help you find funding. They are a great resource.

Not everyone wants or can handle their own business. But there are many creative ways to find work that will align with your bliss, as long as you open to possibility thinking. Many just don't know what to do with their talents & bliss. Some have so many that honing in on just one is difficult. I suggest making a list of all your talents & passions. I also suggest making a list of all your workable skills. Then you can compare the 2 lists & explore job possibilities. There are free career counsellors available to help you find a job that fits your skills & passions. Search until you find one - usually available locally. Networking can be key, & that's often where Facebook comes in. Many people I know are not on Facebook because they don't like it or have had a bad experience. But Facebook is an excellent way to connect to a whole community & tap into their knowledge. It's also an excellent free way to promote things you're trying to launch. Another good resource is meetup.com. You can find groups with activities that promote your interests. They're a great way to network & learn what's available to you, & can open many doors.

I have a wide range of talents, interests, skills, & passions. I used to describe myself as "jack of all trades, master of none" because I felt I had a little talent in a lot of areas but not professional grade talent in any one. First of all, if I had stuck through college, art school or music school, I could have been a professional. If I had chosen a career based on one of my skills & gotten the schooling, I could have had a career. For most of us, it's not too late to go back & get the schooling we need. One of the problems was thinking I had to be much better than I was at any one thing. Another problem was that I couldn't settle on anything except music. Then I blew myself out of the water by having too high of expectations of myself while I was still learning. Then I didn't get an education in anything - just went from job to job, took time out to raise my kids, etc. (I'm not saying time out to raise the kids was a mistake, by the way. But it ate up years others were putting into having a career, is part of why I don't.) My variety of talents & passions never seemed to add up to much that would ever work in a business sense, so never made much sense to me. Now I understand that I was given then for a reason. Now they begin to make sense to me, & I understand that they are all related to my life mission. You can read my mission statement from yesterday. Some of my interests lie in home arts - knitting, crocheting, crafts. Some of my interests lie in working with ancient healing arts - flower essences, herbal medicines. This new understanding is some of the basis for telling you to follow your bliss, it's there for a reason. Also, I know from listening to others & from my own life that being stuck in a job that drains you is like being a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. It's always going to be uncomfortable because that's not where you belong. You belong doing what fulfills you, what follows your bliss. You were given it for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment