Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Miracles, Setting Intent, Gratitude

I'm going through a rough patch right now. Please don't think from this blog that I don't have problems of my own. I had a mild cold for about a week (first one in many years), am having a little stomach trouble, my daily sinus headaches have returned, the electricity is going out multiple times a day in the house I'm renting & I'm waiting for a repair person to come in, & I fell off the top of a step ladder a few days ago. I'm also still waiting to see the manifestation of the things I'm working on, especially financial abundance. I've been casting about, trying to get some clear messages on what to do about my finances. In other words, the same types of things others go through. Yet I'm writing here about miracles, intent, & gratitude.

Happiness is a choice we make. Every day we choose our own destiny through our intent & attitude. I always taught my kids to be happy in every little thing & notice & appreciate them, give thanks for them. If you wait for the big things to happen to be happy, you'll have very little happiness in your life. It's the same way with miracles, I'm finding. Most of us don't receive big miracles very often. Most of us don't need too, which is a cause for gratitude in itself. I want you to consider that every little thing that makes you feel happy in a day is a miracle, to see the miraculous in little things. That's a great intent to set, as is being happy every day. And then you have to follow the recognition of the little miracles with gratitude. I am grateful every time the electricity comes back on, rather than getting hung up on the fact that it keeps going out. I am so very grateful that I wasn't seriously hurt when I fell. I was holding a power drill at the time! The drill bit broke, I crashed into a hand made antique table that couldn't be recreated. The man who made it (my maternal grandfather) has been dead since 1935! I have a huge knot on my hip & a sore spot on my arm & that's it! Nothing was destroyed that when flying when I fell except the drill bit, which cost me less than $2 to replace. I could have broken my glasses or a bone or impaled myself with the drill but instead, I just have to do a little gluing & be careful how I get into bed until the bruise on my hip heals. But it gave me another chance to be grateful for the softness of my bed & the fact that I was finally able to get the exact mattress I tried to buy in 1999. At that time, the store did a bait & switch & I never got the comfort I paid for. Meanwhile, they've improved them & I love what I got. I'm all the more appreciative because of the wait. This is a really big deal & I'd quit being so grateful for it until I hurt my hip. But I'd just gotten together with my latest ex when I bought the mattress in 1999 & about the time I realized it wasn't what I ordered he broke the bed that had belonged to my grandparents. After that I lived with him & had to accommodate what he wanted in a bed. So part of my life take-over after getting rid of him was to fix that bed (he said it needed a professional repair), sell the king sized overly heavy mattress & box we'd shared, & finally get exactly what I'd wanted 11 years before. It's a miracle, & I'm grateful. I'm also grateful for the lesson I learned when I fell. I realized that whenever I do a lot on a step ladder, multiple times climbing, I end up forgetting myself & turning & stepping off without stepping down. Not only was I not really hurt when I fell, I identified an unsafe pattern of mine & have learned from it. Learning from our mistakes is another miracle.

Yesterday I set my intent to provide a steady supply of kitty grass for my cats. I've had trouble with many packages of seed bought from Petsmart, the only brand they now carry. Only a few of the many seeds would sprout each time. This time, none were sprouting. I went to 2 stores for seeds & other things, figured out where to go next when I get the opportunity. I've identified that oat grass seeds are what I seek & where to find them. After I got home, I noticed that the seeds are finally sprouting, after I'd written them off & worked to replace them. Because of my intent, & because I didn't come home with seeds, the universe did the work & got these to sprout. That means I'm able to supply the kitties while I find better seeds. It's another miracle & I'm so grateful.

I know I've written on this theme many times before but no matter what, I find people getting stuck in their lives. It bears repeating. Our part is to recognize & acknowledge the miracles in our lives & to express true gratitude. The rest of our part is to set our intent & then keep moving forward, doing what presents itself to be done. Don't worry that you aren't going in the right direction. As long as you're moving forward, it's ok. If you need to be redirected, you will. The universe is gentle in redirection unless you aren't getting the message. But you aren't going to be led & guided if you're standing still waiting. It just doesn't happen. It's like that commercial - a body in motion tends to stay in motion & a body at rest tends to stay at rest. Only if you're moving forward do things begin to happen. Don't worry that you'll make a misstep. The universe will correct any real errors & work in your favor if you set your intent & move forward. Truly! And "mistakes" are actually learning experiences, & sometimes chances for the universe to correct your path. If you are trying to be in the flow & follow your life's mission, you can't make any big mistakes, do anything that can't be fixed. That is, if your intent is pure & you're sticking to it. Just don't test it & walk in front of a bus. Just like in the Bible where Satan tried to tempt Jesus into jumping off a cliff or whatever it was & He said we aren't supposed to test God. Do your part, & a large part of your part is the "do."

No comments:

Post a Comment