Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Monday, January 9, 2012

How We Receive Messages

Most of us do receive messages regularly. Few recognize it or trust themselves. The messages come in such a variety of forms, from very gentle to what amounts to a knock over the head. Oprah covered this in one of her LifeClasses a few months ago. She talks about that still, small voice from within, & listening to it. If you don't, the messages have to get more urgent until we listen. She was mostly talking about warning messages. Certainly we all receive messages of warning but we also receive messages of guidance.

I am first empath, second intuitive, 3rd psychic, 4th medium. As such, first I feel things. Then I get a feeling of knowing or certainty. Both of these are very strong in me & have been with me all my life, my major gifts. Often they work together in me. Usually a feeling leads to a knowing but sometimes it's hard for me to separate the 2 into 2 different experiences. As a psychic, I also receive messages from others, which is called telepathy. With psychic ability also comes the ability to receive messages about others, a knowing (intuitive) of something about them. This is different than telepathy because it isn't reading the thoughts of the person. As a medium, I'm also able to channel messages & receive knowledge from those who have moved beyond their physical bodies. I've worked at enhancing my psychic & mediumship abilities in recent months, using my empathy & intuition, my trusting of myself & those methods of receiving.

We all have the ability to use more than our 5 senses to get information. It's a matter of being able to listen from within & trust. This leads to learning how you receive, how it comes to you, what it's like. The more you know about how you receive, & the more open you are to receiving, the more you'll learn to identify & trust. Some people literally hear messages or see images of things but many of us don't. So  far, I'm one who doesn't. I've never heard the audible voice of angels, God, Jesus, or the departed around me. I haven't seen them either, for the most part. However, I have to say that in dreams I have done all that. Not frequently, but a few significant times. Because it's happened so rarely I've had to come to trust what I receive in more subtle ways, through intuition & empathy.

If you wish to develop these kinds of gifts, the best way is to set your intent & meditate. Now, so far I'm no good at long meditations where I just ask a question or set an intent & am quiet for a time, with or without music. The only formal meditations I've been successful at are guided meditations where someone's voice is directing it. So when I say meditation please don't think of a yoga position used for a block of time. What I mean is that I open my heart, set my intent to receive, believe that I will, & ask what I wish to know or speak to whomever I'm trying to contact. I thus initiate a conversation. Remember that in conversation you listen at least as much as you talk. When the messages come, I realize they're not from within me. They are in direct answer to what I've asked & I wouldn't be asking if I already knew.

Some people get hung up on whether these things come from within us or not. It doesn't really matter. God dwells in all of us as does all truth & knowledge. It doesn't matter whether the messages come from within you or not because Source is the same. If the answer actually comes from within you, it's coming from your subconscious, which is your Higher Self. The subconscious is less subject to our filtering than our conscious mind so is our higher truth. I happen to know that the things I seek are answered by angels or God or directly by those who have crossed over. I don't ask things that lie within me plus I've learned to identify the difference. The more you trust your experience the more you'll be receptive to more.

Another way to receive messages is through consulting others & through drawing cards or receiving readings. Also, sometimes we're given messages through things we experience or things we hear others saying. Again, all this is a matter of trust. If it feels like something someone said could have been said just for you, then it is for you. If something rings entirely true within you, listen. If someone gives you a reading or says something that doesn't seem to be true, weigh it in your heart & set it aside if it doesn't feel right. It could be that you aren't ready for the message but it could also be that it truly wasn't for you. Not everyone who claims to be able to give readings or messages is pure of heart & intent. This is where Oprah's still, small voice is very important. I am very careful about who I listen to, seek, pay attention to. If it's a true message for you & it doesn't sound right at the time, the message will come to you again in another way through another source, often in threes. If that happens, it's absolutely time to pay attention. What I most want you to know is to trust yourself & your intuitions. If you believe you're getting messages, you are. Pay attention to what's going on inside your mind, tap into your subconscious, set your intent to receive, & then trust that you will, trust what you're getting. Most of us don't have monumental experiences of these things. Instead, we experience those feelings & knowings.

2 comments:

  1. it is.... my big word for the year....trust.

    Trusting yourself for hearing, feeling, seeing correctly, trusting yourself to follow through on the same, and finally trusting that it is right for you and all.

    ReplyDelete