Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Power Animals, Animal Spirit Guides (Totems), Animal Messengers

Some get pretty confused by the different terms here. It's my understanding that your power animals & animal spirit guides are basically the same thing. They are animals you most have an affinity with energetically. I've been told we each have 3-4 of them with us through life, & 13 total in our lives. The other 9-10 come & go as we need them. They're a lot like guardian angels & work like angels in our lives. In fact, they're spirits that take animal form. We each have at least one guardian angel with us for life but are given other angels to help us when needed, & can call on any angel we need at any time.

Animal messengers come & go more often, to deliver messages as needed. They don't generally stay with us, just appear to us periodically until we get the message. Steven Farmer is a really good authority on animal messengers & what they're trying to tell us. His book is called Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy to Use Handbook... He also has information on your power animals/animal spirit guides. I feel Ted Andrews is a better authority on animal spirit guides, & recommend his book entitled Animal Speak.

I totally believe in animal spirit guides & messengers, & I think my belief is very logical. Most of us have felt the presence of a departed loved one. Many of us have also felt the presence of a departed pet. Many of us believe in guardian angels. Why can't that be, in addition to a guardian angel, a guardian animal? If your pet's spirit can visit or stay with you, & angels do & can, why not an unrelated animal? It's just not a stretch for me, but then, I've always had a heart for animals & paid special attention to them. I've also always communed with them on a deeper level than most have. I've studied every wild animal & bird that would stay still near me long enough, & many have. I like to joke that I have "animal magnetism," meaning that I attract wild animals & birds. Also, I believe because I've read the descriptions of my power animals & can totally relate myself to the things Ted Andrews says. Plus, when animal messengers show up, I read the messages & they totally fit. To me, that's all proof.

So how do you figure out who your animal spirit guides are? Do you regularly attract a certain animal or bird? Have a deep love for one? Really notice a specific one? If so, read what Ted Andrews has to say & see what you think. If not, try finding out the same way you would go about identifying your guardian angel. Set your intent, ask the animal to reveal himself, get help if needed (like a reading from someone you trust). It's been easy for me. I've attracted domestic cats since 1982 - they keep happening to me. So that's one. Mostly sleek black ones happen to me, & then I was told black panther is one of my animal totems. Duh! Groundhogs move to be near me wherever I live, so they're obviously one too. I'm just starting to purposefully communicate with my animal spirit guides but I've been enjoying animal messengers for nearly a year now. I find it very exciting to have animals appearing to me to give me messages. The appearances are quite creative - crossing my path or making noise at an odd time of day or place, or my favorite - coming quite close & studying me for awhile. Last spring, summer, & fall every nice day was an adventure because I didn't know what animal, insect or bird I would experience in an unusual way, but knew I probably would. I had black & gold butterflies & lightning bugs landing on me, a hummingbird that would hover in front of my face or over my head, & chipmunks & squirrels that would come quite close & stay. I also had groundhogs that would come close (for them) & watch me. To me, these are obviously not coincidences because the behaviors are outside of the norm for these animals, bugs, & birds. Believe, & explore this for yourself. It becomes a wonderful adventure & chance for regular learning. I believe animals & angels deliver the most gentle messages of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment