Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Healthy Living - Part II

Yesterday I talked about Shaklee's vitamins, supplements, skin care products, & nutritional aids. Today I want to talk about Shaklee & your environment.

Shaklee was founded in 1956. Dr. Shaklee was way ahead of his time on providing good health & stewardship toward our environment. Shaklee was the first company to be certified as providing a zero-carbon emissions footprint.

The cleaning products are highly concentrated so that means more in less packaging. And they're safe. These days all you have to do is tune in to hear about all the harmful vapors & substances in our homes. The information is out there everywhere. One of the latest I heard was about all those sweet smelling air fresheners & how harmful they are.

If you listen, you hear about how cancer is a modern "invention." There was no trace of cancer found in remains before the industrial revolution! Most of us have been made aware of the rise in allergies, especially adult-onset. And asthma. I'm also going to bring up something I've noticed but haven't heard statistics on - cancer in pets. From what I've seen, it's often the cause of death.

As soon as I learned about the safety of Shaklee cleaning products, I finally "got it." A light turned on inside my head. Our pets suffer most from the chemicals we put in their environment through cleaning products. Many pets are kept inside all the time, sealed in with the vapors & chemicals. Our children spend part of their lives away from home, get outside, & have much larger bodies than our pets, but both suffer. Our children & pets crawl & play on our floors. Many encounter what we use to clean our counters, sinks, bathtubs, etc. What you clean with DOES matter.

Because I love my cats, I've switched to Shaklee cleaning products. It's nice that it also benefits me & the environment. I'll confess - I'm 55, so at this point my priorities are: the health of my cats, the environmental impact & me. Sometimes I'm more concerned about me, sometimes the environment. But I'm always a mother first, & with my children grown & independent, living in other states, it's the cats I'm mommy to now. I use Shaklee cleaning products because that's the kind of kitty mommy I am.

If you're in the Pittsburgh area reading this, please come see for yourself at my Shaklee open house the first weekend in June. You can send me an email at my gmail.com address - jennyleaschwartz - for more information.

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest editing this post to put the email as jennyleaschwartz at gmail dot com. That makes it so humans can read it and computers that want to spam you can't as easily. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And ladies & gentlemen - this is my wise & wonderful daughter, the social worker I've mentioned. I am very good at helping people with their problems. She's even better, helps me (& I know myself better than most). I love her with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete