Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Friday, May 6, 2011

Products made with essential oils

First, I have to say I'm thrilled with the response from the woman who won the drawing for a free product from the Journeys Expo this past weekend. She's never won anything before & she & her husband are delighted that she won! That makes me so glad to have drawn her name! She's chosen Purr in a Bottle, & I'm waiting to find out whether she wants a face pillow, bath salts, or linen spray. So, onto what those are.

I make flaxseed face pillows with a ribbon tie for those who sleep on their sides like I do. I've been using large buckwheat rectangular pillows daily for 6-8 years now. I also have 2 face pillows. These were bought at various times from various vendors & when I designed mine I solved the things I don't like about the ones I bought. For one thing, flaxseed is by far the superior filler! In Monday's post I'll tell why. I'll also tell you what's so great about bath salts & lotion bars.

I've made all 3 - bath salts, linen sprays & face pillows simply because some people won't take baths, some won't use a face pillow. My linen sprays are safe to use on your body so if you spray your pillow, clothing, or the top of your top sheet (or your teddy bear), it doesn't matter if it touches your skin.

Now, remember I can't make health claims. I really don't want the FDA coming down on me. But you need to know that I've blended essential oils & ingredients designed to provide certain benefits based on their properties & the way they work together. I also managed to make them smell very good despite the fact that the oils were chosen for properties rather than scent-appeal. I've named them carefully, to give an indication of what they were designed for without using the words. So here they are:

In bath salts we have: Energy Workers (to clear negative energy taken on), Purr in a Bottle (for stress relief), D.C. (for deep cleansing & detox), Muscle Soak (for muscle aches), Mmmmmm (what you'll say when your migraine is relieved), Zzzzzzzz (designed to help with insomnia). I also have Purr, Mmmmmm, & Zzzzzzzzz in flaxseed face pillows. In linen sprays I currently have one for sinus sufferers (& a face pillow), Mmmmmm, Zzzzzzzzz, & one called Dreamers (to help induce vivid dreams). Dreamers is also available in a face pillow. The next time I order supplies, I plan to also make Purr as a linen spray. I should have ordered more bottles!

I also have a lotion bar to help people with chronic skin rashes. I know lots of people who struggle with eczema & psoriasis, & I have too. I've tried everything available over the counter & had no relief plus hate the smell of their tar bases! Most people I know with psoriasis also have secondary infections - baterial, fungal, combination. So I blended oils that are commonly used to treat eczema & psoriasis & included oils with anti-microbial, anti-fungal, antiseptic & antibacterial properties. My first try, for a young male, got rid of eczema problem but was a bit greasy & hard to absorb, plus was heavy on the patchouli, which he didn't love. I then searched until I found the base formula a friend uses & I love how greaseless hers is when rubbed in & absorbed. She doesn't blend for eczema & psoriasis so all I've copied is her lotion bar base. This new incarnation has patchouli but not nearly as much. It simply blends in with the rest of the scent.

Finally, I have oil blends for: chakra balancing, meditation, creative thinking, grounding, forgiveness (of self & others), & empowerment. These are in a base of jojoba oil so that you can apply them directly to the skin.

So, check this space on Monday for further information on the benefits of bath salts, flaxseed in face pillows, & exactly what the heck a lotion bar is. Then on Tuesday I'll tell you what I'm working on next! :)

Thank you for your interest! Ladies, have a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment