Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Will Formulate Products to Your Needs

Yesterday I was asked if I could make a skin care product for someone using certain oils. She knows what she's liked & not liked in other products. She has certain oils in mind & wondered if I could tell her if they'd work together. She also wanted to know the cost.

And my inner response was - YES!!! This is part of what I want to happen with this company. I want people to know that I CAN & will custom blend for their needs, tastes, allergies, etc. And yes, I make it affordable.

I probably make the mistake most new business people make & under price my products. I add very little to my cost when pricing. If you can afford a product from the store then you can afford mine.

Back to custom blending. Yes, I can tell whether a certain combination of oils is feasible. That's what I do when I create my own blends. I work with lots of references & I know essential oils. I've worked with various oils for 15 years. When I blend for the public, I use the safest oils possible for most people. I stay away from some of the popular ingredients that carry warnings, even though many well-known products use them. When I blend for an individual, I'm able to do just what I've done for myself for 15 years - make a product suited to her (or his) tastes, needs, desires.

I've been making my own bath salts for skin problems for 15 years. I make my own body powder with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, & anti-microbial properties because I'm diabetic. When a guy I know had eczema on his otherwise very handsome face, I made my first lotion bar for him. It worked, too! I actually like custom blending best of all. Then I have more leeway in ingredients. For example, I don't use rosemary in my public blends because it's a strong stimulant with warnings. You'll see it in a lot of products, but I've chosen other oils to do what rosemary does. Personally, I love rosemary & it's one of the strongest cleansing oils. So when I make my own bath salts & body powder, I include rosemary. I have a deep attachment to rosemary & lavender, so leaving the one out has been like snubbing an old friend.

So please do contact me if you have a special need. One way is to add a comment to this post. I've also got email attached to this blog. Who knows - maybe I'll get to include rosemary in your blend! We'll both be happy you talked with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment