Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Friday, May 27, 2011

Short Blog

This is going to be short & quick. How can I follow up after yesterday's post anyway?

I'm off to go change my name on driver's license, car title, new bank account with new bank, etc. I am now officially as you see it, Jenny Lea Schwartz, so I've got to go change records to reflect that.

Meanwhile, I'm watching one of my baby groundhogs wander through my back yard, grazing. I have animal magnetism of the truest sort. I attract groundhogs & cats. Groundhogs appear wherever I live & begin to breed & burrow. When I moved here 2 years ago there was just one groundhog I saw at the end of the season, at the back of the property. Now there are at least 8 around me, including 4 new babies!

It's the funniest thing, first happened in Hagerstown when I lived on that farm. In 2000 there was just one old groundhog who'd show up when the apple trees started dropping their apples. By 2008 he'd died & his daughter had 4 babies, & she was visible all season. She dug a burrow up against the front of the house & another at the back of the house. Each burrow was exactly where I spent the majority of my time - at the front below my couch & behind the bed, in back it was right below the kitchen sink with the spy hole at my chair in the dining room. (That's where I took all my meals, studied - we didn't have a kitchen table.)

I guess I've always been a person of power & magnetism. When I was a teen I couldn't get a watch that would work on me. Even Timex watches, considered to be good watches back then, would race once I started wearing them! I was in my early 20s & had to buy an expensive watch before I could get one that worked. It was one of the premium brands. I've also mentioned that I can't wear most perfumes that smell good on others. Something about my body chemistry just doesn't mix well with most commercially produced scents.

So there you go. Just some of my oddities. Everything you never wanted to know. Maybe now you begin to see why, the day before he married my daughter, my son-in-law announced in a toast to everyone that I'm eccentric. That was news to me! I'm not sure when I went from "interesting," to "quirky," to "bohemian," & finally, to "eccentric." But I've definitely always marched to a different beat! And now to my new name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment