Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Being "Saved" Not a "Get Out of Jail Free" Card

In a recent talk with my mother I delivered a message from the afterlife given through my dad. He wants to make amends with her when she crosses over. Her first reaction was typically entirely defensive & egocentric - that she's already "saved," has "accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord & Savior." I didn't touch that line as it's not for me to correct someone who's clueless, or anyone for that matter. My job is to teach, guide, pass on messages to those who are seeking. I wrote an email to my half-sister (same father, different mother, hers much better than mine) & told her about the conversation, said being "saved" is not a "get out of jail free" card (which my sister well knows). Then I realized that's a blog subject. Then I remembered what a psychic friend of mine once said about that. Here's what I know, & need to tell because this is one of the jobs God called me to. That's what this blog is usually all about - doing His work.

As my psychic friend said on April 30, 2011, many church goers are going to be very surprised when they find that being "saved" or going to church isn't all that's needed. You have to put your belief into daily living, into action. You also have to do your emotional clearing & spiritual work. The need to resolve anger & hurts is even in the Bible (throughout the New Testament). I'm not going to look up passages for you. If some don't come to mind, you probably need to be reading it again for yourself. We can't attain our highest if we're locked into old or rigid patterns of behavior, thinking, emotions; if we haven't released past pain (which come from feelings of being wronged by another). We can't move into new life when we try to drag all that baggage with us. It continues to foul our lives on earth & all we do, & keeps us from the freedom to ascend.

The good news is, we're given another opportunity once we cross over, to accomplish what we didn't achieve on earth. My dad's main message to me was that he's learned, grown, changed greatly since he crossed over & that he's now one with God. Also, that he's going to face my mother when she crosses over & make amends so that she knows there's nothing but love waiting for her. That's when I finally forgave him, although I thought I already had. I've had so much emotional healing to do in the past year that it got past me that I still had a hard heart toward him. He was basically gone & forgotten in the face of all the immediate need before me. But besides helping me achieve that healing, he gave me the assurance that she'll be ok once she crosses over, not doomed to forever pay for nearly destroying me in this life, or the others she greatly damaged. She's never owned up to her behaviors, never changed them even slightly until forced by complete dependency. But this gives you an example of how harsh we tend to think God to be, & how lingering that lifelong message is. It took my dad's message from beyond to tell me that she'll "get there" once she crosses over.

I'll tell you plainly that we all have specific work to do for God while here on earth. If you don't do it, I don't know what happens other than others do it so there's no lack. All I know is that He's not going to punish you for it. My dad has regrets about the choices he made on earth & how he affected his loved ones & dependents. I can't quite imagine what it feels like to face yourself in the Face of God, who is Perfect Love. I can sort of imagine how I would feel based on how badly I felt when I faced myself in the past with any even imagined failings, given my great need to please & be loved, especially by God. It goes deeper than that. I have a huge need in my heart to do all & be all He wants of me, to be as much like Him & as close to Him as possible. So no, I have no idea what it's like finally facing the truth about yourself, your life choices & the consequences, when you come before God. The best reference I can give you is a book by Sylvia Browne called "Life on the Other Side." I've read several of her books & don't always agree with everything she says. I do what she's done - take nothing as fact until I've absolutely learned it for myself, had it verified within my soul or experience. She herself tells you to take what she says that speaks to you as truth & feel free to discard the rest. What I do is keep her books & reread them when I feel led, which I do now. In scanning for this reference, I see I need to read it again & see what I receive. I've greatly evolved in my spiritualism & understanding since I read this book 6 years ago. Those into lifelong learning & reading know that you get even more out of a book when you reread it a later since your perspective has changed, making you more ready for the learning. In her chapter entitled, "After the Tunnel" I found great comfort shortly after my half-brother died, especially the sections on "Orientation" & "The Towers." This really deals with what happens when we face ourselves after crossing over & "spoke" to me at the time, which is why I want to reread it. I want to see now how what she says in her books fit what I now know, & whether she can expand my perspective yet again. My next blog will continue the subject of the need for emotional clearing - the rest of the week's blogs follow this theme.  

No comments:

Post a Comment