Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Friday, July 8, 2011

What It's Like to Have Energy Work Done on You

As a part of the Reiki community, I've met a lot of different Reiki practitioners as well as those who do other types of energy work. I've both given & received Reiki numerous times, & have gotten to enjoy having other types of energy work done on me also.

Each time I've been a receiver of energy work, the common experience was the deepest relaxation & peace I've ever known. A true "ahhhhhhhh" experience that I didn't want to end. Group Reiki only lasts about 5-10 minutes because we try to make time for all who wish to receive & because it's many channeling the energy into you at once rather than just one channel - you get the benefit in less time. Usually if you get an individual Reiki "treatment" it lasts about an hour. Whether I've received for 10 minutes or an hour, I never want it to end because it feels so glorious. When I receive I just feel so good. It's very hard to describe, something better experienced for yourself. You're receiving loving energy lovingly channeled so it brings peace, wellbeing, calm, & relief flooding through you. It's like receiving the best massage but without the pain a massage sometimes entails if you have knotted muscles. Instead, hands are gently laid on you, & the energy does the work. The hands feel comforting. (And you can choose to have hands held over or near you if you aren't comfortable being touched. I'm very comfortable with it because it's always respectful, never near any private places.)

When I perform Reiki on someone, my hands get very warm when I reach an area where the person most needs the energy. I find many others have that experience too. Remember that your body (as the receiver) tells the energy where to go. I believe the purpose of our hands getting very warm is that we then know to spend more time in that area, concentrating the energy straight to where it's most needed. That way the energy is going directly into that spot rather than needing to travel. Also, the receiver gets the added comfort of a heating pad type experience. It's especially soothing in areas where there's physical pain (vs. emotional healing needed). My latest experience of that was when I seemed to be developing an ulcer, & my stomach had again started hurting. I was receiving Reiki from a group of people & T. had his hands on my abdomen. His hands got very warm & the stomach ache faded the warmer his hands got. It felt wonderful! Plus, it was the end of the all signs of the ulcer! I did Reiki on someone with menstrual cramps & my hands got very warm on her abdomen, which was a great comfort to her. She was also experiencing a great deal of shoulder pain that ran up into her neck, & my hands were very warm there also. Doing that spot on that person was interesting for both of us. She could actually feel the energy working & so could I, sort of like an electrical current. She was traveling so we only had time for two brief sessions, but afterwards her pain was virtually gone, & it didn't come back.

Energy work can also bring up emotions you've buried or been struggling with, really helps you release them. Sometimes it's not our bodies that are in the most need, like when you're going through a divorce. I've cried while receiving Reiki & remember, I don't really cry. Because the energy is being given out of love, I know no one judges the tears, that it's totally appropriate. Even when you aren't sick or in any great need, Reiki can help right any imbalances within your body systems before they begin to cause problems, & is simply very relaxing. We all have stress so we can all benefit. This is true of any energy work. Energy work also helps your body release toxins (emotional &/or chemical) so we always recommend you drink lots of water afterwards to help rid your body of whatever has been released. I've had a lot of experience with this, since becoming attuned to Reiki is like having one giant supersized receiving session. After a few days of drinking lots of water, I noticed I had more energy & stamina than before. Releasing toxins does wonders for your body.

Some experiences defy words - you just have to experience it for yourself. I find this is true about having energy work done on you. All I can say is it defines "ahhhhhhhh."

1 comment:

  1. I agree, my hands tend to be warmer where they are most needed. Sometimes they tingle too. However, one person told me they could feel this gentle energy going into them. It is a great feeling to get that kind of feedback. As both the giver and receiver, I have found that my water intake has increased because of the Reiki. The more I do the more I drink. Just seems to be a natural progression.

    ReplyDelete