Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Ultimate Pet Memorial

My Bonnie cat died in July 2000. I love all my cats but I've never loved one like I even still love Bonnie. She's the one who taught me animal communication, activated my abilities. Today I found a tuft of her fur (she had long hair) in my study Bible & blew it away somewhere, not realizing at first what I had. In my sadness at finding & then losing it, I remembered that I haven't spoken of my spinning service.

I can spin your pet's fur into yarn, dye it if you wish (I recommend), then knit you a garment of your choice. I can spin long or short fur of just about any animal. If you can collect the fur, I can probably spin it. A few would not make good yarn no matter what, if you have an animal with extremely coarse hair/fur. It doesn't matter how much you collect, but the more the better. Collect when you pet them, groom them, clean up the house. I save what I collect in zip lock bags that I leave open. It's easier to add to that way & the fur is ventilated so doesn't clump as much, is more usable. I have bags labeled with each cat's name & a bag for combination fur when I don't know who it belongs to. I can also mix species if you'd like.

I combine whatever you give me with merino top wool, which is very soft. It helps to bind the fur you give me. Even long haired animal fur benefits from this combination. The ratio of your pet's fur to merino depends on how much yarn I need for your chosen garment & the amount of fur you give me. My favorite things to make with this yarn are scarves & shawls, because you can then wrap yourself in the fur of your beloved pet. I can also make hats, or other things by request. One thing though - I refuse to make socks. I won't have you stepping on them! I have many different patterns I can use, & am an expert knitter. I learned to knit when I was 8! I recommend having me hand dye the yarn because of the merino content - your garment would be predominantly a kind of winter white with your pet's colors mixed in otherwise.

If you have a very hairy dog, you can collect until you feel you have enough, & perhaps even collect enough for several garments during his/her lifetime. If you have a cat, you may wish to collect as long as the cat's alive, then give me the collection to spin. If this idea appeals to you, I recommend you start collecting now. That costs nothing but the baggie. Once you've started gathering, you've set the intent to make it happen. Sometimes that provides the basis for a most loving gift from your family or friends, or becomes a gift of your heart to yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I've started but mine will be a mix of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is just fine. Then, when I make your garment, you'll wear them all just as you've had them all around you while they are alive :)

    ReplyDelete