Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, July 28, 2011

How to Achieve Emotional Healing & Clearing

There are many ways to achieve emotional healing & clearing, depending on your comfort zone, availability & means. You can hire a hypnotist or therapist to help. We all know of people who have achieved success in weight loss or to quit smoking after going to one or the other, or to group sessions, so we see that they work. In the metaphysical community there are also many other avenues we're aware of, so I won't go into them. I'll tell you how I've been doing it.

First, by intent. I set my intent nearly a year ago on healing & overcoming, & on having my life be built around God's work for me. So that's what I've been daily seeking, have been renewing that intent daily in my actions & thoughts. I happen to pray on it first thing in the morning & last thing at night. I also listen when I pray. I pay attention to the messages all around me, most especially my own feelings & reactions about things. I pay attention to dreams, because our subconscious frequently uses them to reveal problems or solutions. I'm very open & my intent is set so I'm very aware of my actions, reactions, choices, feelings. I explore these with God, the spirits around me, my friends & family. I also journal extensively because long ago, when those first childhood memories surfaced, I discovered that for me it was the best & least painful way to handle the pain & find out what I was really feeling & thinking. My defense mechanisms are very powerful & before I really set my intent, they were very much in control. I am always willing & open to exporing my inner self so that I can heal & grow. Over time I've learned to recognize when I've only uncovered the tip of the iceberg & need to go deeper. You do learn yourself when you work at it. I've also learned to recognize when I'm ready. Some things I can't get at right away because I've only gained a glimpse. I put those things in the back of my mind, so to speak. I don't dig at that point, I let it "perk." I wait for more to surface so I have more to go on. I don't forget it or stuff it back down, I set it aside while I wait for more information to come. And some things are more massive than I can solve right away, like the problem with my sexuality. I'm chipping away at that one whenever I see an opportunity, an aspect of the whole huge problem that I can work on now. That one's more like healing a large skin wound, which happens from the edges inward.

When I see the need for healing I have to discover the root of the problem before I can heal entirely. That often leads to other healing needs, which is how we really progress. Just like diabetes, which can affect your blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol, & eventually organs & limbs, emotional issues can affect all aspects of our behavior & psychy, hence the great need for all the healing we can achieve. One root can have many branch effects. Recognizing that is part of healing. So I use a variety of tools along with the great self-awareness I've developed with practice in this work of healing myself. But it started & continues with determined & daily renewed intent.

The other step is release & clearing. Once I heal I don't hold onto old issues or renew those memories except if needed for another aspect of healing. I let go of the hurts, forgive the person & myself. If you find yourself replaying old hurts & scripts, it's because you haven't done all the healing you think you have or need to. Believe me, I know. Self-deception & unwillingness to confront your problems are the biggest blocks to healing. Forgiving doesn't mean you forget what happened, it means you don't trot it out. You've understood what happened, forgiven, put it behind you, healed, are then able to move on. The moving on is the reward. That's when we're able to move onto true spiritual growth & awareness of our worth plus our purpose, which I've talked about before.

You also need to make amends to anyone you've hurt as you're doing your healing. Only then can you truly forgive yourself. It makes all the difference in the world, as my daughter can tell you by her reactions when I made amends. I confessed my mistakes, told her my new awareness of the causes (which wasn't lack of love or unworthiness in her), apologized with my whole heart, reiterated that I wasn't reacting to her but to my past, & vowed to & showed her unconditional love & caring, true compassion. All those components are necessary & depending on the hurt, have to be done more than once. It's a difficult thing to do but the rewards are great. We have a much better & closer relationship & bond than we ever had when she was a child, which we both greatly enjoy & benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment