Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Energy Work is Biblical

I can't find the passage I wanted (I believe it's in Acts) where Jesus said His disciples will do "greater works than these." Maybe it's in one of the Gospels, since it's Jesus speaking. But I was greatly blessed in looking as I skimmed many of my favorite passages. They all have new meaning for me now, enhanced meaning, so I'm eager to drink in the Word. That's something I need to start doing for myself regularly, my heart is now telling me. (See my new priorities blog from yesterday.)

There's evidence of energy work in many books of the New Testament. Mark 6:5 & Luke 4:40 directly talk about Jesus laying hands on the sick & healing them. In Matthew 9:20-22 & 14:36, Mark 5:27-34 & 6:56, & Luke 8:43-48 we see just how powerful the energy of Jesus is. All it takes to be healed is faith & touching his cloak! The New Testaments has too many instances of Jesus healing to note here, but most Bibles have a concordance at the back.

Matthew 10:1 "He called His 12 disciples to Him & gave them authority to drive out evil spirits & to heal every disease & sickness." (NIV) Luke 9:1-2 says basically the same thing. Then Luke 9:6 adds, "So they set out & went from village to village, preaching the gospel & healing people everywhere." Ok, so that covers Jesus & the disciples. What about later, what about now?

Acts 28:8 "Paul went in to see him &, after prayer, placed his hands on him & healed him." Paul came way after Jesus was crucified. I'll now quote parts of  I Corinthians 12: 6-7, 9-11. "There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom... to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit..." Please feel free to read the whole passage yourself in your favorite translation, as space doesn't allow an entire quote & you never know what wonders you may find while searching & reading! I Corinthians 12:27-31 also deals with this, & I'll quote part. "Now you are the body of Christ, & each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing..."

Finally, I believe I Timothy 4:14 describes the type of attunements I received to be able to channel energy through Reiki. "Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you." In fact, it's telling me to use this gift! The next verse says, "Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress." And that's what I've done. I attend every opportunity to participate in Reiki events (mostly exchanges, where we perform Reiki as a group) because I consider Reiki to be part of my work. I attend guided meditations that raise my awareness & my abilities. I regularly perform Distance Reiki on people & animals from my home, & I'm sharing my progress with you through these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment