Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Self Abuse

Self abuse comes in many forms & we abuse ourselves for a variety of reasons. Some of us abuse ourselves to punish ourselves for mistakes. I've punished myself in the past for betraying myself, using myself, trading my body for my needs. In the marriage that just ended, my ex was sexually abusive to me & I allowed it. Over & over I gave sexual favors when I didn't want to, just to keep the peace. It was humiliating, & afterwards I would add to the abuse by doing things to myself. That's why some young people indulge in "cutting." They're replacing the pain from abuse or self hate with physical pain, as I did.

Other forms of self abuse are so subtle that we miss them, don't realize what we're doing. Some of us gain excessive weight, eat inappropriate things (remember that series on addictions with people consuming things like powdered cleanser?), drink, smoke, take drugs, or do other things to harm ourselves. Or we simply neglect our bodies - don't bathe, or exercise, don't take our prescribed medicines, or more subtle yet, dress down & do other things to hide ourselves & our beauty. Another example is simply neglecting to get enough sleep or rest, or ignoring the clues to our needs that our bodies give us.

The most subtle of all comes from our own bodies without our knowledge - disease, illnesses, ulcers, aches & pains. When we don't deal fairly with ourselves or don't face issues of concern to us, the least thing that can happen is sleeplessness, neck or back aches or headaches. If we don't pay attention at that point, the body is forced to move into illness or disease to get our attention. If it's only that we keep pushing ourselves too hard, we're liable to get nothing worse than a bad cold that forces us to rest. But the true consequences of self abuse can be crippling or deadly, such as cancer.

Reiki is great for stress reduction & does wonders for dis-ease. It can really help with the cause & effect of our self abuse or neglect. Facing your fears head-on & being true to yourself is also a great answer. Thing is, nothing ever gets better from any kind of self abuse - it only makes things worse. So if there's something you aren't getting or facing, some pain that's causing you to see yourself in any of the above, please contact me. I can help.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the Reiki did more to help me face me than anything else I have done. Combine that with the soul recovery, and the work with the Cherokee medicine man/shaman and you have the making for something as powerful as the H-bomb. In some ways it was as destructive, yet in its destruction it allowed the bad, the negative, and the self abuse to come to the surface and from there to be dispelled. Some comes back and you have to work at clearing it out all over again, but the second time around, it seems easier.

    ReplyDelete