Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Decorating, Feeling & Healing with Colors

I like bright yellow walls in the kitchen because that was my grandma's kitchen & it's so cheerful, promotes good feelings & creativity. My favorite color for living rooms is something I call "candlelight." It's the slightly yellow tinged color of 40 - 60 watt light bulbs of old, the color cast by kerosene lanterns. The only time I've seen this paint was by Sherwin Williams & I so wish I'd saved the name of the color. I've used many different interior wall paints over the years & nothing matched the beauty, true color, & durability of Sherwin Williams paints. You get what you pay for! My favorite colors in the bedroom are light blues & variations on turquoise & sea green. These are beautiful, restful, healing colors. If you rent & can't paint, you have to find other ways to promote the colors you want in your rooms & environment. You can use fabric choices in furniture & rugs, curtains or blinds, pillows, throws, artwork, tools on display, baskets or other containers.

Color makes a huge difference. Personally, Breezy just reminded me that I surround myself with black - cats, that is. Often when I write my blogs, I have to stop & cuddle her or she'll walk on my keyboard. When I talk about home maintenance, I no longer have kids at home but have cats to clean up after. Color choices should be a mixture of preference & science. I love little black dresses & cats but teal & hot pink are my favorite colors, in combination or separately. Next I love all blues & blue/greens from royal & peacock on down to the palest. I like all shades of pink, & earthy greens but not yellow greens or true green like the crayon. Earthy greens have some brown in them. I shy away from much black & white, & especially from brown & orange. That said, here's usable information on colors.

Red can be the color of aggression, of action. Fast food places use red to get you in & out of there fast. It's also the color of passion. I don't use much red, & hot pink can have the good effects of red without the aggression. One of the good effects is warmth. In healing, use red to bring warmth & burn out disease. Red is a powerful color & should be used in moderation. Yellow induces creativity, mental energy, clear thinking, & happiness. It helps promote success, business communication, & your powers of persuasion, so is especially good used in your office or kitchen. In healing use yellow to promote clarity of thought, help with your sense of personal power, feelings of self-worth. Orange combines the energy of red & the happiness of yellow. Orange is friendly & welcoming. It provides emotional energy that you can give to others, including compassion, passion, & genuine warmth. It promotes happiness & optimism, helps balance general well being, & broadens your mind to cope with your life & work. Orange is the best emotional stimulant. It increases self-esteem & confidence, & strengthens your sense of identity. Orange is the color of creativity, ambition & drive. It stimulates creative thinking & enthusiasm, the willingness to embrace new ideas with enjoyment, & a sense of exploration & creative play. In healing orange may increase immunity & sexual energy. Brown gives you a feeling of relaxation & home coming. It makes you feel cozy, safe & warm. Green promotes balance, luck, prosperity, abundance, vitality & fertility. It is stabilizing & calming. Green is the color of healing & growth, & is beneficial in all healing situations. Blue induces serenity & peace. It slows human metabolism & produces a calming effect, so is great for a bedroom, when you want your body to slow for the night. Blue stimulates appreciation of music & the arts, opens the mind to realities beyond the physical senses, & creates peace of mind & harmony of spirit. In healing blue is used for cooling & calming, both physically & mentally. Purple blends red & blue, is a combination of liveliness & tranquility, which promotes creative energy. Purple is the color of dignity & self-respect, so it imparts determination & feelings of being in control, clears the mind of negative influences, calms nervousness & relieves stress. In healing, purple is used for mental disorders & also for becoming one with Spirit. Black is the absence of color. Its visualization can help promote deep meditation. White is associated with truth, purity, cleansing, healing, & protection. It is good for new beginnings, enthusiasm, clarity of purpose, spiritual insights, & inspiration. Strictly speaking, white is not a color, but the manifestation of the presence of all color - the complete energy of light. That said, white is the perfect color; for it is all colors, in perfect balance & harmony. It is a good general healing color for the removal of pain & suffering. The color white heals the body, mind, & spirit at all levels. Gold is the most powerful healing color, but so powerful that many are not able to stand it initially & must be conditioned to it via other colors. Most of you aren't going to be using colors in healing but I've included the information because understanding the science can help guide your color choices.

2 comments:

  1. My office has a yellow ceiling and blue walls. The main part of the house has greenish walls while the kitchen is a shade of orange. My bedroom is two shades of blue while the bath off of it is a sea green. It is my retreat by the sea feeling. The guest room is a light beige and the spare bath although pink at the moment is changing to blue. The pink was just too much. When I moved in the walls and all were white... everywhere you looked it was white. To be be my place and not my parents that had to change. It has become my place... it is becoming my retreat. I have candles, mainly red and green with one set of the seven colors of the chakras. There are stone people (crystals) set in special places in my house and rooms to help balance out the energy. The colors play an important part of my life... when frazzled I just have to retreat to my bedroom and I can feel the stress start to melt away just as if I had real water washing over me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I rent I can't change my wall colors, which of course are the generic-sell-the-house white. Instead of creating my atmosphere with colors at this time, I do it with my style of furnishings.

    ReplyDelete