Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Perceptions Rule Us

This goes along with yesterday's topic, & starts with a simple example. I'm allergic to bee stings so I have a fear of bees. Last week I was at a picnic with a guy who says he pretends to be a flower when they come around him. Even if they lite on him they don't sting him. He doesn't expect them to. His perception so differs from mine. The thing is - we perpetuate whatever we perceive.

I know a guy who expects the worst out of life & people, has a deep distrust. He therefore holds others at arm's length & treats them according to his perceptions. He gets exactly what he puts out there - no more & no less. Life for him is fairly miserable. He sees himself as under appreciated & over worked. He seems to think that others are out to take advantage of him. Now, in truth, he encounters the same amount of that as most people do. That's the law of averages - it's scientific, mathematical, fact. What happens is he repels & fails to recognize when people are good to him, of pure intent, or even just being normal people. And he misinterprets or over-dramatizes the rest. That cements his outlook. Due to the law of averages, his life is no better or worse than most people's in reality. He does nothing to influence it to be better than that, & tends to attract that which is worst than average because that's what he puts out there.

I expect the best out of people & life. Usually I miss the cues for those people or circumstances that aren't in my best interest. I simply either turn them positive or repel them without even noticing or realizing it much of the time. My perceptions of life & people as good & positive rule me & my life. I therefore attract more than the average amount of goodness, good people, & blessings. You can overcome the law of averages with the law of attraction. If you are purposely & willfully controlling your self, life, & perceptions, the law of attraction beats the law of averages every time. The guy who expects negatives gets a bit more than his fair share but not a lot more, because he's unconsciously ordering his world with the negative. Mostly he perceives more negative than he actually receives. I do get more positive than he does because I purposely attract it with my will & intent, & with what I give. He's not a giver in any way so he doesn't receive like I do. "What goes around comes around" - truly. When you are a giver, you become a receiver. Not necessarily from who you gave to, but it does come back in a greater measure than you gave.

"Seeing the world through rose colored glasses" is a description of perception. I have a quirky, whimsical streak in me that loves to make fun of people who take themselves too seriously & of phrases people throw around without thinking. So once I bought a pair of rose-tinted sunglasses so I was literally seeing the world that way. It was fun! Everything did look entirely different & I loved it. . When I make fun of those who take themselves too seriously, they never know but I do. It reminds me not to do that. I had a friend who was very full of herself & I helped her unpack in her new house. She was very proud of her new set of matching dishes that had every available piece, down to the butter dish. I decided to paint myself a full matching set of groundhog dishes in response. She perceives herself as having everything "goin' on" & places herself above us commoners. I perceive myself as having fun in life. Guess which one of us is happier!

Everyone sees themselves & others & life through perceptions. It's how we interpret the world & input. My message here is that we can & should control those interpretations. The human mind is one of the greatest powers on earth. Back in the 1960s, "The Tonight Show" used to have a guy on periodically who could bend steel by looking at it with intent. All through my years of media input, there have been programs & articles on the power of the human mind & that we use so little of its capabilities. Now I'm discovering for myself how true that really is, although I've always believed it. Now I see it in action because I practice it for myself. The powers of our minds are God-given gifts we each have. We hear of mothers lifting cars off their trapped children, & other super-human things. In my youth I did things like read minds & send mental messages that were received word-for-word without even trying. I had prophetic dreams that came true within a day or two. Some people really do see dead people. I know some of them, & I know of their honesty. I know people who have done all kinds of things that most people think is fantasy. They have looked beyond common perception & challenged normal beliefs in much the same way I mentally challenge those who take themselves too seriously. It's all perception, & most of us limit ours so much that we fail to see opportunities, the gifts that are right in front of us within ourselves or given by others. I challenge you to examine your perceptions & see how they influence your life, then see how you can overcome the limiting ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment