Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Friday, September 9, 2011

New Service Announcement

I'm watching a busy hummingbird outside my office window, enjoying the sunlight & my hazelnut coffee with half & half. I'm writing this now to prolong the enjoyment. My whole world is transforming into a place of quiet beauty, cozy & with a feeling of great warmth. I'm taking great pleasure in redecorating my whole house. As I've said, I'm getting rid of most of the things that had belonged to my ex husband's family. I'm replacing them with space, & things that once belonged to my beloved grandparents & things I've acquired over the years.

My landlord wants me to stay here until spring at least & that changes my focus from moving to Pittsburgh as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I'd truly started nesting here. It's been a summer of cool temperatures & I've been able to enjoy the outdoors & the beauty of the land. I've enjoyed the lovely wooden deck, which is multilevel. I outfitted my antique glider with cushions to make it a comfy place to put my feet up & enjoy the outdoors from the highest point on my deck. I look out to a front yard full of trees, across a lane to a hay field full of wild animals, like my beloved groundhogs.

The other day I was given the idea to bring people here since I don't seem to be moving to Pittsburgh any time soon. The idea is to have a B&B service here, where people can come for Reiki treatments or attunements, quiet rest, life coaching or other services, lessons if they want. My intention has been to attract people to my home for the services I offer, knitting circles, classes, & such when I thought I'd be in Pittsburgh by Fall. The idea of having people come & stay for several days came about thinking that not everyone is game for the drive back to Pittsburgh at night, & that if a class or service was needed (like Reiki) over a 2 or 3 day span, having to go back & forth would be daunting for most people. I can teach knitting, crocheting, painting, just about any craft or art, including the art of Pysanky eggs. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh, but actually a world apart. I'll vacate the master bedroom suite when people come. It's spacious & private with a full bath attached & a private balcony overlooking the back yard, trees, & pasture. It has a luxurious new pillow top Sealy Posturepedic Concierge mattress & box spring & luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets. The furniture is beautiful - an antique set that belonged to my grandparents. The artwork in the room is restful & I'm going to have the 10 gallon aquarium full of fish again - neons mostly. The bubbling sounds are very soothing. I have CDs from classical to 40s jazz to oldies to easy listening to soothing sounds. There's also a TV & DVD player. The living room is comfortable & cozy & has a fireplace. I'll serve 3 meals & snacks & beverages catered to the tastes & needs of guests. People can experience amenities like homemade bath salts in a variety of scents for a variety of needs, flax seed face pillows, linen sprays, etc. And since I make & sell these products, they can take home whatever they need. They can also learn how to make their own bath salts, learn about some of the oils & their uses. In season, I have a variety of fresh herbs to use in cooking, & can do healthy meals or just plain old-fashioned country cooking. I can even teach you to make my famous Amish-type chicken corn soup. Depending on when you come, I could also be making & canning apple butter, jelly or preserves. I'll be spinning my own yarn, knitting or crocheting, & painting. You're welcome to come watch or participate, & of course bring your own hobbies to work on. Friends & family who've come to visit in the last 6 years or so have commented on how peaceful it is. They haven't wanted to leave. In fact, my last visitor was going to stay for 6 days & ended up staying for 8. The only reason she left then was that she absolutely had to get back. That visit was to this house. Most of the others were to the house outside of Hagerstown. Eventually I figured out that the place is only a small part of the peace, healing, & calm people find when they stay with me. The main thing is the atmosphere & lifestyle I've created. Spending a few days in my home is like a full vacation elsewhere as far as benefit & relaxation. The master bedroom has a double bed & I also have a luxury double bed sized (yeah right - 2 very small people) platform air mattress, & the master bedroom has room for that too. So a couple could come with kids, or I could even host a small group. I so love slumber parties! I do them better than anyone I know! You'll see in a future blog that my kids & I used to do them all the time. 

I believe I'll be ready to start hosting guests in September, October at the latest. I'm having the best time redecorating & planning. Each room is turning into a space of joy, warmth, peace, healing, & love for me. I invite you to join me here.

2 comments: