Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Importance of Creating a Home that Meets Your True Needs

Your home is your sanctuary. We know that word from churches, yet we don't consider our bodies or our homes as temples, as it says in the Bible. If you look at the true meaning of the word "sanctuary" you find it's a place of refuge & safety. Most of us don't order or maintain it as such. Our homes tend to reflect our lives - often cluttered, dirty, untended or cared for. Maintaining our homes usually comes last & least & is a chore rather than a pleasure. Yet it's one of the most important factors in our lives. It's where you take your rest, where you retreat from activities & the outside world. Some of us also conduct many of our activities & business from home, making it a place of total importance.

As I entirely redo the house, I'm making it into a true home. I've moved twice since I've had a home of my own to furnish so when it comes to my belongings & furnishings, I only have what truly suits me. One of the things I'm doing is weeding out all I'd acquired from marriage & inheritance that doesn't suit me. I'm paring down to just what's important to me, sometimes selling things for very little & replacing them with what fits. For example, I sold a huge 3 piece desk set from the business I had with my ex. I bought a beautiful little desk to replace it, which I love. I'm selling a dining room table & hutch, & will buy a kitchen table I want instead. I sold a bed & bought a replacement. Other things I'm just plain getting rid of & not replacing. I'm downsizing both the size of the pieces of furniture & the number of items. I'm getting rid of the overcrowding & adding space & light. I'm combining my family antiques & antiques I've acquired with more modern pieces that do the job but blend. I'm using silk flowers, wall hangings, colors, scents, space, natural light, aesthetics, & lighting (as in lamps) to create an atmosphere of homeyness, cozy warmth & comfort, peace, joy, & beauty in every part of the inside & outside possible. I even have special wallpaper on my computer, just installed 2 days ago, that makes all the difference. Now when I open my laptop, I see rows & rows of blooming lavender, a vast field. It inspires me, reminds me of what my life is about, where my bliss comes from, reminds me of who & what I am, & reminds me of what it's possible to achieve & attain. Since the computer is vital to my business goals, the wallpaper is an important tool.

Our homes are just as important, especially to women. If you keep up with your home & the chores & arrange your home to be a resource rather than a drain, it makes all the difference. The cozy warmth I'm creating feeds my soul. It promotes creativity, the biggest energy force in my life as an aspect of Divine Life Force Energy. My home invites creative pursuits in every room, induces creative inspiration & activity. (More on that in the next blog.) But only when I keep it clean & in order. Otherwise it's a drain. If I don't keep up with it, everywhere I look I see things I need to do & begin to feel overwhelmed. It's a huge drain. Most of us live like that. Therefore, we have no place of peace & refuge.

I am in the final stages of creating a home that meets my needs & that I can maintain as such. And if I can do it, anyone can! Remember, I'm the original "housework is a waste of my creative time & talents" girl! What it takes is a room by room makeover with your goal in mind. You can do it without spending much, if any, money. Have a yard sale when you're done & buy something you want for your home or sell things on Craigslist. You can also donate & take a tax deduction. If you just tackle one room at a time it's manageable. Next blog, I'll tell you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment