Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Age Thing is No Longer Valid

I'm 56. As I grew to this age I followed a set pattern of maturity & development that was established long ago. Centuries ago people developed maturity early, since the life span was so much shorter. Farm kids my age developed their maturity at a different rate than most middle class urban or city dwellers. Basically the times, life span & life style determined rate of maturation. The majority of middle class Americans my age grew up with a childhood of being cared for, & with conveniences & leisure. As a result, we were a little slower to mature than our parents had been, who were slower to mature than their parents had been. As I watched my kids grow up, I thought they were especially slow but now that they're in their early adulthood (30 & 25) I'm seeing a maturity I didn't have at their age. I've also recently been exposed to young Lightworkers in that age range, & I realize that evolutionary trend in maturing has more factors changing it than ever before.

Age seems to come up so frequently. One of my clients frequently complains about forgetting things & attributes it to aging. I hear a lot of age contrasts as well as age-related excuses for bad behavior. One former friend claims to be an old crone (younger than me & I'm by no means old or crone-like) & says that gives her the right to be nasty to people under the guise of being blunt & outspoken. And many young people make excuses for rude or selfish behaviors by citing their youth. In truth, there just is no excuse, youth or age, for nastiness! If you truly are mature, then you have the wisdom to know how to behave toward others & the obligation to do it. If you're old enough to indulge in selfish or rude behaviors, you're old enough to take responsibility for making better choices.

And as far as what you can & can't accomplish given your age, that line is truly blurring. When I was young, 56 was old. Of course I perceived it that way but that's not what I mean. It truly was. It was getting close to retirement age, was the age of my grandparents when I was little. It was when people really started to slow down in life but now all bets are off. At 56, I'm just getting started again! I can't go for a string of days on 4-5 hours of sleep like I could 30 years ago but so what. We all know how unhealthy that truly is. If you give up at any age, you're going to lose your abilities. And if you take care of yourself & stay active & vital you retain much more. I believe one of the greatest changes in physical capabilities at this age between my generation & my mother's is that we learned about physical fitness & nutrition just in time to make healthy changes. There are also all kinds of techniques to keep your brain sharp & avoid memory problems as you age, including certain types of mental games & activities. But what the expert advice boils down to (I've done a lot of reading on it from articles I've encountered - & reading happens to be one of the techniques most recommended, by the way) is that if you stay activity involved in life your brain will too. And the final key is - wait for it - attitude & intent, of course. I'm working on teaching this client not to talk about his memory problems in that way, to reverse that attitude & thinking. There are also lots of specific techniques for people with true memory problems.

I didn't like the term "New Age" when it first became popular. I used to react to the tone of things rather than check them out for myself. In fact, I just realized that, & that it's a tendency I still have. I was always the last to go for any fad or new thing. By the time I'd get "on board," I'd get the stuff on sale & no one else would be wearing or listening or using it even a month later. It's because I always listened to my mother's negative talk about things or later the negative "buzz" being spouted by the mainstream middle Americans, didn't check it out for myself. My latest example of doing that is Lady Gaga. Last year I finally found out who she is. I was "stuck" watching Letterman one night (meaning determined to relax watching TV & that was the least bothersome thing on at the time) & Lady Gaga was one of his guests. I was so pleasantly surprised by her, so I checked out her music & really liked it. Then I caught a few minutes of her with Oprah Winfrey teaching personal empowerment to young women & it blew me away. In case you haven't realized, personal empowerment is one of my biggest themes. Lady Gaga is quite young but so very "together."

One of my soul family is a lovely young man that I adore. He has more maturity of spirit, wisdom, & Light & Love in him than most of the people I know or have ever encountered. All the people I'm positive are in my soul family have a certain Lightness of Spirit & a huge amount of pure Love in them. He's the youngest & most are nearer my own age but among them I find that age is pretty irrelevant to wisdom & depth of spirit. In the beginning I was amazed by a Reiki Master who's about my daughter's age - her inner beauty, wisdom, & what it was like relating to her. When I first met her I was newly attuned to Reiki II, had been a practitioner for about 3 months I think (as in, total - a month after being attuned to Reiki I, I was attuned to Reiki II). I'm not sure how long she'd been a Reiki Master when I met her. But she was my first cause to notice that the age thing is no longer valid. Since then I've come to accept that especially within my soul family, I don't feel the age difference among true Lightworkers.

I have the best time gabbing with the girls (around my daughter's age) as well as talking with the women in my age range. Both are positive & rewarding. I have the best time with the young ones because it fulfills things in me I need - I'm so many different ages in one thanks to growing up as a victim of abuse. So I'm 5 & 16 & 23 & who know what all else besides 56. I love being one of the girls. It's exciting to hear about what goes on in their lives - the 3rd dimension stuff of their age mixed with the old soul philosophies & reactions! And with those my age we have the experiences of our age mixed with these philosophies & reactions. It's comfortable, comforting, & greatly relate-able. I've also learned not to be entirely amazed when people my daughter's age can teach me so much about the universe, metaphysics, & gifts. I have some wonderful give & take relationships with these young ones, where we learn from & give different things to each other. Some of their gifts are incredibly awesome & some have been at least vaguely aware of them their entire lives! That's actually a blessing as well as a former curse for most of them, as most were outcasts & very misunderstood while growing up. These days we have all those cable channels that feature shows on clairvoyant kids & all kinds of metaphysical topics. Some of this stuff has almost become mainstream. But way after these young people needed that kind of support & acceptance. I had half a moment where I was a tiny bit envious of the fact that a young friend has always had certain gifts. Then I realized what she dealt with growing up & got real.

One of the newest factors in aging & maturity is now the age of the soul. Old souls in young bodies are coming to the forefront all over, & are being activated. I also believe that physical aging is changing in some of us. Those of us who are raising our vibrational levels seem to be un-aging, myself (notably) included. In many places I've read & heard that our very DNA is changing as we release all that no longer serves us, heal, & therefore are able to raise our vibrational levels (through our own efforts, meditations, Divine intervention). It also involves clearing, balancing, & aligning our chakras. Even in the decades where nutrition & fitness began to be flogged, then organics & such, most of us had never heard of a chakra, much less did anything for ours. (In fact, the automatic spell check only recognizes chakra with a capital C & doesn't recognize the word Reiki at all.) Many months ago I briefly said something about things like Bible passages taking on a whole new meaning these days. Now I also see that many universal principles seem to be changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment