Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This Too Shall Pass - Part II (read part I first of course - published out of order)

When you learn to take things in stride as they happen & not try to force situations like I used to, it transforms your life. I used to stress until I figured out how I could solve something like that guy procrastinating about the car. I tried to put myself in control of every situation so I could get the outcome I needed or wanted. I was so very type A. Now I know that things happen for a reason, or because we're interacting with other humans. I look for the reason when appropriate but I don't stress over that either.

Last night I drove over an hour to Pittsburgh for a guided meditation & found no one there. For the second time it had been canceled & the place holding it didn't notify me. I wondered why it ended up that way & someone else was indignant on my behalf but I really don't care. It was a lovely evening, I still met a new person I was scheduled to meet, bought the absolutely exquisite (as I just knew it would be) bottle of lavender essential oil she'd brought straight from the lavender farm in Oregon on a recent trip. (Lately I'm meeting people connected to lavender. We introduced ourselves to each other through email while she was on her trip, I mentioned my products, she offered to purchase a bottle of their oil for me while there. She's someone a friend of mine met & we both do energy work so he gave me her contact information.) I'm not upset that I drove all the way down there, paid for the gas when money is tight right now, or that they let me down a second time. I'm not spending any more time looking for a reason. I gave it a passing thought last night, thought about what a lovely evening it was, & that was it. If there's a reason, a lesson other than call them before I drive out there again rather than assuming they'll contact if they cancel, it will be revealed without me dwelling. I didn't come up with the tow idea by dwelling. Because I wasn't stressing, the idea "just came to me." Remember I journal everything these days. Eventually I won't put as much time into journaling but it's how I keep myself company & process my thoughts, feelings, experiences, explore my lessons.

Most things eventually resolve themselves one way or another when you're in the flow. I wasn't in the flow when I was trying to control everything myself. Then you're trying to force things, which puts you more in the position of rowing upstream. I used to paddle a canoe & can tell you how hard that can be! When you're in the flow of things what you're doing is allowing things to transpire rather than trying to control & manage when & how. We often need to take some action & we need to follow through, but we don't need to micromanage them. When you aren't trying to control everything, others usually eventually step up & do what they're supposed to do on their own. The guy finally called me about the car. The bank contacted the company that put through a second charge on my debit card for a single order, & reversed the charge immediately so there was no overdraft. One call to the bank instead of the company, & it was over just like that. When you don't stress it's easier to see the easiest solution, most direct & effective action you can take to quickly resolve a situation. So I don't end up with a bunch of big things to do anymore because I don't make them big in my head. That ends up allowing me to think clearly & without stress & come up with those direct, simple, effective single actions. It's truly simplified my life, which makes it much easier to handle things when they arise & before they become a true problem. Then it's a spiral because the more you do it the more manageable everything seems & therefore becomes, & there becomes less to manage. I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment