Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Monday, December 26, 2011

Mission Statement

I wrote my mission statement earlier this month & it was an important step for me. I've been taking classes, learning & growing, & have been exposed to all kinds of new things & ideas in the past year plus. I've been receiving messages from a variety of psychics about my life work, past lives, the progress of my current life, etc. I've had all kinds of new experiences & ideas open up before me, including new opportunities. The only constant is my belief in Jesus & God, in reincarnation, & off & on throughout my life, the idea that I'm here for a purpose. What the mission statement does is define that purpose.

When you write your mission statement, it needs to come from your heart & soul, not your mind. And it must come entirely from within you. The purpose of a mission statement is to give you guidance in your life work & the choices you make. It will guide what you will & won't do in your work, your conduct, what you choose to learn & experience.

I am all about healing & helping, Light & Love, God & Jesus, & so much more. I've known for years that I'm a servant personality. I identified that in myself way back in the 80s when heavily involved in my local Methodist church. I didn't realize I was a healer until someone told me last Fall, but had been doing it whenever led. Since then experience has led me to understand many more ways to heal & help people than I knew of before, & I've been guided to make the right choices in learning. The latest included the recommendation of a written mission statement from a very gifted psychic medium I've taken many classes with & have great respect for. Now I'm recommending it to you, no matter who you are & what you do.

I've loosely had one in my mind for many years now, my own version of the Golden Rule. But having a formal one is as valuable as having "I Am" & manifestation statements. It helps cement my intent. We all have times when we're thrown for a loop by something that happens in our lives & mine came on 12/23 when I was told to shut down metaphysical activities in the house I just rented. That altered my feelings about my new home & showed me emotional healing that still needs to take place. The wounded child came forward again & I felt like I'd been bad & was being punished. I lost faith in myself & goodness, my ability to manifest - my heart started questioning everything I am, believe, stand for, am capable of. I was hit so hard (my landlady really came down on me as if I was a naughty child, & she totally blindsided me) that I became physically ill. The first things I did was give it all to God. Later I was able to think things through. I came to realize that although I felt punished, I'd done nothing wrong. I know I'm doing the work God has put me here for. I did a lot of talking with God & thinking, processing. Another lesson is that I still need to work on my ability to actually feel anger. I've been able to a little on a minor level but this was major & I'm not feeling it as anger. I only know anger is reasonable at this point so I know it's got to be there.

Everything does truly happen for a reason. I don't know the reason behind this yet & it may be awhile before I do. But it's all good. All things work for good for those who love & work for God. That's a paraphrase from a passage somewhere in the New Testament & if I worked I could find it. Probably Ephesians. I know I have it marked in at least one of my Bibles, & I see I can't quote as well as I used to. The next step, besides taking care of myself physically, was to resume "I Am" & manifestation statements, prayer for others, & my angel work (more on that coming). This is where my mission statement became important. I do know who I am & what I'm here for. I've got it clearly defined. I know what God wants of me in the long run & that helps me stand in my truth with myself & in the face of this adversity. Understand, the adversity is both within myself & from without (my landlady & the currently bleak financial picture). I have much emotional healing still to do so that I may be a clear vessel. Having a mission statement will guide me as I seek a job & as I work on healing myself. It reminds me of who & what I am, gives me the will to overcome yet another huge obstacle rather than giving up. So I challenge each of you to write your own. As always, I'll share mine with you in another blog. First, I want you to have a chance to write yours without the influence of reading mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment