Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back - Progress

In the book I'm reading by Mike Dooley on manifesting change, as quoted before, he talks about using GPS to find a place 2 hours away that you've never been before. He said nothing looks familiar & you don't see the progress you're making until you reach your destination. So it is with manifestation. You don't necessarily see it happening until it appears. I'm going to use that for progress too, because most people don't recognize the progress they make until they succeed in whatever it is. Further, the first time I go some place I usually make a mistake along the way. The other day I mapquested a friend's house less than 4 miles from mine, & carefully followed the directions. I was supposed to make a slight left 0.3 miles after crossing an intersection, so I reset my trip odometer as I went through it. I made that slight left & it was the wrong road, so I tried the next one, & maybe even one more. Each time I went down about 2 blocks, then had to turn around. Eventually I went up far enough & found the right road, found my friend's house immediately. For most people, progress is 2 steps forward & 1 step back, or so it seems, but that's still progress. I was willing to continue looking, had faith in the spirit of the directions. I had previous experience with mapquest & kind of knew the area, had faith in my ability to find where I was going, so I just kept working at it. If I'd quit & gone home at my first or second mistake, I would have missed out on a wonderful evening, the gift of a new book I really wanted, & he also lent me 4 others I'm very eager to read. We had a lovely visit at his new house & then at mine, & a wonderful dinner together. All because I had faith in myself, in my direction, & I didn't quit at the first or even second problem or mistake.

Yesterday I talked about changing habits & organizing your life with a specific planner. I want to take that idea further today, more into changing our habits & making our life the best it can be. First, let's talk about habits. They took time to get firmly into place & they take time to change. But they absolutely can be changed with determination. I challenge each of you to make a list of all you wish to change about yourself & your life - habits you wish to change, new ways of being you wish to adopt. This needs to be your list, your priorities. It can't be things others wish you to change that you don't want to or can't. For example, my daughter's husband once said he married her hoping to change her from being ADD. Well, she'd love that too but even with medication, it's firmly entrenched in her being. It's not a character flaw or a bad habit she can just banish with determination. She's learned ways to cope, ways around it to be as functional as possible. We all have that within our power, but we can't just change chemical imbalances & the results thereof with determination. Healing from these things is another topic for another time. But this brings me to an important point. If you're getting pressure from a spouse or roommate to change something about yourself, only put it on your list if it's something YOU want to change. Sometimes we want to in order to live in peace with the spouse or roommate or significant other. Sometimes we simply need them to cease & desist, & be firm about it. Perhaps that firmness is something that needs to go on your list. But it's like smoking, & the talk I had with the friend I had over for dinner the other day. He knows as a Lightworker he should be an example & quit but he doesn't want to at this point. And as with all habits, if you aren't motivated to do it for yourself, it's no use trying for all the "should" reasons. It's tough to break most habits, so you have to be entirely motivated for your own reasons. I can't come from the "shoulds" of others. To me, "should" is a very bad word. Again, another topic for another time.

So I challenge each of you to make your own list of things you'd like to change, & make a pact with yourself & me to change them in the new year. Give yourself a break over the holidays & enjoy yourself, knowing you'll get to business with the new year. Tomorrow I'll be sharing some of what's on my list, & my plan for change, & we can do it together. With all the changes going on these days, it's time to make these changes. Most of all, it's time to release all that no longer serves us, & heal from the past & move on, progress in life. I can help you with all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment