Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Best Organics - Grow Your Own

Yesterday I posted lavender recipes. I plan to do more & more of that in this blog - recipes, tips, useful information. Sometimes I'll be announcing CWF products or services, like tomorrow - the other big announcement I promised. I post in response to... I pay attention to nature, what I read, hear. I try to give you what you want. Please send more followers my way. I believe they'll find value in these posts each week. I want to reach & help as many as I can through as many venues as I can.

When I use lavender it's what I've grown. So I have no problem eating it, don't have to worry about pesticides or whether it's organic, etc. Growing what you want to use & consume is so rewarding & you know exactly what you're getting. It's also way less expensive than buying. The other thing I always have on hand is chamomile I've grown.

If you have children, gardening is especially beneficial. Kids love to dig in the dirt with a purpose! They are thrilled to watch things grow, harvest, eat them. If you have room for a vegetable garden, it's a great way to get them to eat a variety. If you don't have room, consider using pots. Introduce them to a variety of veggies & herbs & it will stick with them for life!

I am so very proud of my 29 year old daughter in so many ways. Some things I confess she learned in spite of me or because of my mistakes. We all make mistakes as people & as parents. Most often, mothers deeply regret their mistakes. The great news is, kids learn from all of it.

One thing that pleases me to no end is that my daughter is an avid gardener. I love to hear about what she's planting, how everything is growing. It's another link in a wonderful bond we share despite many hardships as she was growing up. Every single little thing you can share with your kids is a gift! You never know what all will "take," so the more of the simple good stuff you can put in, the better. Kids also get things from other family members & those around them. When she was young I hadn't discovered gardening but her grandfather had an extensive garden in which he took great joy & pride.

I'm also very proud of the place my daughter has in our church. It's still "our" church even though I'm a state away & am lucky if I get there once a year. My kids grew up in that church. We were all very involved with the people in the church & the life of the church. They were & are our family. They helped raise my kids during the years I was a single parent. In fact, the kids thought of that church as their second home. It deeply rooted & grounded them. I'll tell you that I'm no longer a church-goer, haven't been since they left home & I moved away from that area, that church. But I gave them that foundation, as part of mothering. It was as important as dinners together, conversation, listening to them. There are many reasons I no longer attend church, mostly having to do with church philosophy vs. my own personal belief system. Instead, I've found a spiritual community outside the church that meets my needs & I pray from home or wherever I am the many times a day I want or need to. If I still had children in the home, I would pick a church for us though, for their needs. My son moved onto another denomination through his fiance, attends regularly, has found a true church home & I'm happy for him. My daughter moved back to the neighborhood where she grew up, & is very active in the church of her childhood. That thrills me to no end. I know she is home there, with the family who knows & loves her. There she has something of great value that few young people have - they watched her grow up, it's her home & family. Now she's a leader in that church, part of the newer generation. And I gave her that!

A final bit of useful information - anti-sunburn foods. Look at a rainbow & eat raw foods of those colors to help your body heal from the inside out. Fruits & vegetables hydrate your skin, which is needed during summer & winter - sun is drying, so is cold & wind. All it takes is 3-4 servings a day of apricots, pomegranates, broccoli, & tomatoes to boost the immune system & help prevent damage from free radicals. Green tea also helps. Other helpful rainbow foods are of course avocados, red & green peppers, cucumbers, bananas, oranges, carrots, greens like spinach, pears, apples, purple cabbage, & every kind of edible berry.  

Did you know there are studies on how different foods affect your moods? The foods we eat affect every part of us, including how we feel each day, both physically, energetically, & emotionally. As I come across the most helpful information, I'll share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment