Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Part III - Energy Work

The first door that opened to me last Fall was energy work. There are different approaches to energy work practiced in the US. I was introduced to Dr. Usui's system of Reiki. I'd never heard of it before, but as I started exploring it I found that it's widely known within the US, practiced in many big city hospitals & hospice programs. Dr. Usui was from Japan, & Reiki is becoming as mainstream as acupuncture & acupressure.

We all know that energy flows through every living thing. Quantum physics tells us that all matter is composed of energy. Officially, "Reiki is a technique for stress reduction & relaxation that allows everyone to tap into an unlimited supply of 'life force energy' to improve health & enhance the quality of life." William Lee Rand says: "Reiki is a Japanese system of natural healing based on channeling healing energy through the hands." It is not taught to practitioners. Rather, the ability to channel the energy is transferred to the student by the Reiki Master. The Creator is the Source of all life force energy. Therefore, this energy comes straight from the Creator. "Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind & spirit & creates many beneficial effects including relaxation & feelings of peace, security, & well-being."

Rei means: "...supernatural knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the wisdom that comes from God or the Higher Self. This is the God-Consciousness which is all knowing. It understands each person completely. It knows the cause of all problems & difficulties & knows what to do to heal them." Ki means the same as Chi in Chinese. "Ki is the life force... that animates all living things. If your life force is low, or if there is a restriction in its flow, you will be more vulnerable to illness. Life force... animates the body & also is the primary energy of our emotions, thoughts & spiritual life." "It is the God-consciousness called Rei that guides the life force called Ki in the practice we call Reiki. Therefore, Reiki can be defined as spiritually guided life force energy." I describe it this way. As a Reiki practitioner, I'm the electrical cord, plain & simple, no special skill needed. I was made into a cord by receiving attunements to be able to channel the energy. You, the receiver, are the computer. You give the energy the commands within you - subconsciously your body directs the energy to be used as most needed at the time. As the cord, I plug into the Source & transfer the Energy to you.

It was amazing the way I was introduced to Reiki. I was looking for work & making calls. The 4th call led me to a stranger who took an hour to brainstorm with me! He asked about my experience, talents, desires, & was telling me of friends he's had who have made good incomes from their art. Then he told me about Reiki, told me I'm a healer at heart, & that it was the next step for me! He was so certain that it would open doors for me, enhance & facilitate what I wanted to do, that I had to pay attention. I felt like he was an angel sent just for me & that if I called back he wouldn't answer because he was just there for that moment. Fortunately, he didn't disappear, continues to grace my life, has become one of my best friends. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment