Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Friday, June 17, 2011

What Sets My Products Apart From The Rest

It's that "attention to detail." My son & I used to laugh about that phrase all the time because my ex used it, then missed important details regularly & we'd tease him. But seriously, when you buy things I've made you get - me! I'm certainly human, but I put a personal touch into everything I do & one of the benefits is my attention to detail.

For example, I received a contract to make 10 lavender flax seed face pillows for a local yoga instructor to give to her students. She wanted a deep purple fabric in a blue shade of purple. First, being a painter, I know the difference. At the fabric store I found the perfect fabric but it had lighter purple swirls, clusters of gold stars, & white stars on it. Even though I knew she'd love it, I called & cleared it with her first. It's such a great fabric that I bought the rest of the roll so I could use it in the ones I sell for retail. I couldn't find the right shade of purple ribbon for it, but found gold that matches the stars & the pillows look great!

She carries my products in her yoga studio so I also made extra pillows for her to sell, as the lavender & the lavender/chamomile blend are new. But I made those in the blue fabric I used for all the rest she has for sale, not the purple. This way, for now at least, in her studio the purple is exclusive to the gift she gives her students. She appreciated that I'd done that. She used to buy these pillows from an online source of yoga supplies. Their bulk price is similar to mine but my pillows are much more attractive, & she had total input into what she was getting by buying from me. She always will. I can't control the fabrics for sale but I care enough to research & shop & meet specifications as much as I can. I'm an individual making products & running a business rather than a corporation of employees mass producing & filling orders.

I can make products for general consumption when there's a demand. The lavender face pillow is an example. Lots of people make them, but I had requests. I was more than willing, in part because I'm passionate about lavender. When I have a keen interest & I believe or hear there's a market, I will be adding more of these types of general items to my product line. As long as it's fun & I like it & I know it has value... But one of the things that sets my products apart is that I do what no one else I know of is doing - I custom blend by request for special needs. I take into account the whole person & I have the knowledge needed to do it. I also blend for specific problems that aren't being covered in the marketplace with safe, natural ingredients.

When you buy my products you get the sum of all my knowledge. I'm a listener. When you say "menopause" or "fibromyalgia," I call on my knowledge of the many symptoms involved. As a listener, I've heard - you & others, both what is said & what hasn't been. I ask questions. Then I use my great research skills to look up causes, symptoms, & all things that can be helpful including vitamins, supplements, foods, environmental factors, as well as the remedies or things that ease symptoms. Then I begin deciding on a blend based on the properties of the individual oils & how they support the body in the areas needed. I have a tried & true set of essential oil references, my own reference notebook of countless articles, & a newer book that covers different modalities like herbalism, Chinese herbalism, flower essences, etc. When I find a new reference or article of value, I add it to my library. I also research on the internet, knowing you can find a few good sources & have to weed out the rest.

I also have a working knowledge of prescription drugs & the side effects. I have been a prescription advocate, one who helps those in need navigate the free drug programs offered by drug companies. I have a working knowledge of supplements too, including information on how safe they are, how they're derived, etc. That's one of the reasons I sell Shaklee products - the quality of their supplements. Finally, I have a little knowledge of herbalism, & learn more as time goes on. I combine all my knowledge to work for your highest good with my products. Otherwise, I'd still just be making a few things for friends, family, & myself based on need, as I did for 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment