Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Angel Baby Ornament sample 1

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lavender/Chamomile Tea

Two big blogs yesterday - hope you read them. Today I'm just going to do a short post. I've finally tried lavender/chamomile tea. Hot, it's ok, but it turns out I love it iced!

I fill the bottom of my tea ball with lavender buds so that's probably 20-30 buds. Then I pack the top & bottom with chamomile flowers, as much as I can press in there. I boil water, then steep the tea ball until the liquid cools to nearly room temperature. Then I pour it over a lot of ice. I then use the same ball contents in another cup plus of boiling water (I pick the biggest mug I have) & let it cool, refrigerate overnight, steeping the whole time. That way I get a second use out of my harvest. It's usually not as strong but is also already cold so I don't use as much ice. I'm loving it. It's very relaxing & calming & no caffeine. Both lavender & chamomile are calming, soothing, balancing. However, chamomile shouldn't be consumed in the early stages of pregnancy as it can stimulate menstrual flow. I don't find that drinking 3-4 glasses bothers me but that much chamomile could, perhaps. It's a diuretic & they're both very calming. I'd definitely save it for when you'll be staying home, not operating heavy equipment (laughing - have you read warnings on some medicines?). It's great for summers before bed! Or if you just want to relax during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment